We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Uses for Muscle Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Hi, I was wondering what are some routines that use the muscle pass. I just got it to about a foot, and my local magic shop owner just shakes his head when I do it and says its good for nothing and in the time I wasted learning it I could have learned something useful like a palm swich. Are there any routines you guys can think of I can show him to make him change his mind. Thanks
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Of course you know of the anti gravity, many people use it as a sleeving method, this works really well. I came up with an idea based on the routine Tweesers from "The Book: Or Don't Forget to Point", where you pretend to throw something from the tips of the tweesers into the left hand, it turns into a coin as it flies across.
Reed McClintock has a couple of routines using it, also check out the routine in October 2002s issue of MAGIc, a through the hand penetration, usin the muscle pass. I have a few more ideas, which I may tell, once properly worked out. Till then,
Owen
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Right now I'm using Joshua Jay's remote control act and I use it to "rewind" the coin trick (before I do the remote routine). I usually just use it during a coin routine to talk about coins that fall up. I was working on a routine based off of Arthur Trace's card routine Turning the Room Upsidedown (or something of that sort).
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
The MP serves me well in my "No matter hard I try I can't do the muscle pass" routine. It's a very entertaining routine, suitable for humorous home movie clips, and America's Funniest Videos. In it, I sit for 30-40 minutes at a time, or until my hand hurts so bad I'm all done with magic for at least the next 48 hours, trying to launch a coin skyward, but getting little more than a half-a##ed roll over in my throbbing and cramped hand. I really project an air of pain and frustration... it's almost scary how sincere I look!

Yes sir! That's one of my classics Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
In my opinion, the muscle pass is best used in penetrations. I do a very visual coin thru spectator's hand. I read it in a magic magazine.
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
378 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I very like the MP, Shoot Owaga also have a lot of ideas with the MP, like one hand coin vanish, sleeving.....
It is very useful skill and looks cool.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
There is an excellent "teleportation" trick using the muscle pass that never fails. PM me and I'll tell you about it!
Mahood
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Mahood
If you do a coin & pen routine, here's an idea I use within my routine...

Hold the cap between the first and second fingers with the opening facing your opposite hand, and from this position MP a coin from the hand that holds the cap- this creates the perfect illusion of a coin jumping out of the cap.

PS if this is too revealing I'll delete it?
Then again if you didn't know what a muscle pass was you'd be left confused anyway!
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Perpetual coins from hand. Do a coin roll in your left hand and let it drop into your right hand as this coin drops muscle pass the coin you have been hiding in Kaps/malini subtlety in your right hand into your left. The coin falling from your left hand should mask the coin being secretly MP'd up. Also good for a both hands empty display during a spellbound routine. Check out Cultural Exchange 1 & 2 for a few more ideas.
RxGregory
View Profile
New user
St. Charles, MO
65 Posts

Profile of RxGregory
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 14:44, WildStone wrote:
I sit for 30-40 minutes at a time, or until my hand hurts so bad I'm all done with magic for at least the next 48 hours, trying to launch a coin skyward, but getting little more than a half-a##ed roll over in my throbbing and cramped hand. I really project an air of pain and frustration...

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time, mostly because I've "been there, done that." Thanks for the laugh!!

Greg
If it was easy, everybody would do it, and if everybody did it, it wouldn't be magic.
David Roth (Ultimate Coin Magic Vol. 11)
slebonio
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of slebonio
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 13:36, cardman1990 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what are some routines that use the muscle pass. I just got it to about a foot, and my local magic shop owner just shakes his head when I do it and says its good for nothing and in the time I wasted learning it I could have learned something useful like a palm switch. Are there any routines you guys can think of I can show him to make him change his mind. Thanks

Your magic shop geezer is a fool. The MP is soooo versatile its untrue. Check Shoot and Apollo's CX DVDs. They use it for sleeving, ditching and productions to name but a few uses. As for effect, just performing a standard MP in JC's Coin That Falls Up kills laymen. Out of curiosity (if that's how you spell it) can your magic shop guy do a MP, or did he give up a long time ago when he realized it took practice?
SHAZAM
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
He can do it, but doesn't because he says its not too practical. I did it today in front of a guy and his eyes popped open.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Quote:
Check Shoot and Apollo's CX DVDs. They use it for sleeving, ditching and productions to name but a few uses. As for effect, just performing a standard MP in JC's Coin That Falls Up kills laymen. Out of curiosity (if that's how you spell it) can your magic shop guy do a MP, or did he give up a long time ago when he realized it took practice?
SHAZAM

Do these videos actually show you how to MP? I've read a lot of online descriptions of how to do it, am willing to put in the time, but would love to see a video with some close ups on how to do it.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
No, they don't really, get Ammar's Classic Renditions vol 1 if you wanna learn it from a video. John actually teaches it as well as a way to fake it if you can't do it.
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
http://www.coinvanish.com has quite an extensive tutorial on the MP thanks to Dan Watkins...go read that, that's where I learned it and have never had a problem sinse. There's demo vid there also if I remember correctly.

You may also want to look into Kainoa Harbottle's finger tip MP for a way to shoot the coin FLAT without the rotations for use in a 3 fly or other application. Can be found in Coins on Edge by him. If you talk to him, tell him Justin said Hi.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I have an entire segment of my performance based on John Cornelius' Coin Falls up. It a very popular part of my show.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
One of the best uses for a muscle pass is Akira Fujii's Click Pass, published in Genii a few years ago.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey
498 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Quote:
On 2004-05-09 13:45, owen.daniel wrote:
also check out the routine in October 2002s issue of MAGIc, a through the hand penetration, usin the muscle pass. I have a few more ideas, which I may tell, once properly worked out. Till then,
Owen

I would like to know a little more about this effect because I had a through a spectators hand effect called "coins through borrowed hands" which appeared in my one man issue in the trapdoor issue 54 this first hit print in 1994 the method was the muscle pass. thanks
Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
jalsing
View Profile
New user
Allen, TX
89 Posts

Profile of jalsing
I saw a video demo of a guy 'tossing' a coin through a door (with glass window) using the MP. It was very visual and very cool looking. I don't remember who or where I saw it though...
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Joe,
I am not really at liberty to describe the working of the routine. Maybe if you can contact Mr.Stenburg, the creator of this method, then he will describe it to you. As far as I can remember, the coin is taken under the spectators hand, it is hit against the back of their hand, and at the same time the coin appears on their palm. They feel the coin go through.

Sorry I can't be more specific...
owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Uses for Muscle Pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL