The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help with Hypnosis. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
This may be a rather far-fetched request, but here goes.
I am a performing mentalist, the routines I do are quite classic with use of a lot of old techniques as published by the likes of Corinda et al. I have also studied cold reading at quite some depth.
I have also recently, over the last six months or so, formed a working knowledge of suggestion work as performed and written about by Luke Jermay and Mr Knepper. This material serves me well and the response and feedback I obtain from these routines is very encouraging.
Recently I have been drawn toward learning hypnosis, as a tool or crutch for performing mentalism.
The kind of effect that I would initially want to provoke would be something along the lines of following induction, conditioning and with the use of post hypnotic suggestion invoke a response whereby the spectator would remember a routine, for example he would clearly remember seeing and being enthralled by the Indian Rope Trick, in its original entirety, that had never been performed.
I have tried working this using purely suggestion but feel it is to complex a task for this to accomplish. The suggestion routine allows for a spectator to temporally forget their name a date ect.
Right back to the request. To enable me to accomplish such an effect I decided to learn to invoke the hypnotic state. As is always the first port of call I visited my local library and then the library at the University of Kent. Both provided me with some suitable reading material. From these I gained, I think, the knowledge to perform various indications, use post hypnotic suggestion, and bring the patient (I say patient as most of the books I read were on medical hypnosis) back to a waking state.
With the knowledge gained I should therefore be able to quite comfortably perform hypnosis. The problem lies with the response I have sought from others. It would appear that there are two schools of thought when it comes to performing hypnosis. First, get the knowledge and just go out and perform, try and you will succeed. And second, it is dangerous and should not be gone within a hundred yards without professional training. I think I morally would sit somewhere near the second group. Lets face it your playing with the workings of a person’s mind, right. So I went in search of a “professional training course”. And what did I find. Well a plethora of Internet sights and small companies offering various “Diploma” courses certificating me with the ability to become a certified Hypnotherapist, and to earn more money than is imaginable (even under hypnosis). They all sounded, how can I put this, tacky. Send us your life savings and we will (might) respond by sending you an e-book / CD / Very small book, that will change your life forever. Even following advice from the BMA didn’t show any more favourable results. They all seemed to be 1) in America (not a bad thing in its self but a bit to far for me) 2) all distance/correspondence learning 3) backed up by testimonials from Mr H, Arizona. It all seemed a bit time-share to me.
So here goes. I would hate to just dive in and get it wrong, or invoke a state that I had no knowledge of getting someone out of, I would hate to invest in a course that was not suited to my needs and above all I want to learn how to do this confidently and safely. My ultimate request is this. Is there anyone in the UK that uses/performs hypnosis that would be my mentor, my coach. I am prepared to offer remuneration for time and knowledge ect…. I am seeking this rout as I feel I have the technical knowledge of the working of hypnosis but need some guidance before committing myself to performing it. I bit like flying a plane, I could read all about the technical aspects of flight – but would that mean I could fly a plane..

Sorry for the length of this post but thank all who made it to the end.
To put it in a nutshell I am looking for someone who would guide me through and encourage me with practical experience of hypnosis.

I thank you all for you time,
Glenn Collins.
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hey Glenn,

If you're in the states, look up George Bien (www.GeorgeBien.com). Really good friend of mine; he designed the advanced training for the National Guild of Hypnotists and, for a time, was the principal trainer for the IACT.

If you're in the UK, go to the source: Bandler. He does trainings in London with Paul McKenna. The other dude, Breen, is a real b*tch, but otherwise, the training is great. (Note: Derren Brown took the same training).

Best,
James.
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
Hi,
thanks James
Have been to the training site of Paul Mckenna and Dr Bandler, they will be sending me a brouchure.

thansk for your guid.
glenn.
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Glenn I'm in the IDENTICLE boat to you...Although you very lucky being in the UK as you have all the resources you could ever need.

I'm in AUSTRLIA and there AINT notin.!!
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
MOzerian,
thanks for the reply.
in my travels I found this, don't know how usefull it will be but thought I would share my finding.
thanks
glenn.

http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/learn_hypnosis.html
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Moz,

I'm pretty sure Martin St. James is still working in Australia. Try contacting him.
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Cheers, procyonrising, I'm researching as I type.
majhra
View Profile
New user
Australia
61 Posts

Profile of majhra
Mozerian,

There are several hypnosis training location in Australia. Drop me a PM with your location for a list...

Enjoy,
M.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Help with Hypnosis. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL