The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Geoff Latta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
I keep reading he's gonna put out a book but they've been saying that for a while now! Anyone know the scoop on that stuff!
ask harry why he dont want people to know he makes $200 a month for all these ads! thats like $4000 a month! oh but SHHH! harry isnt a real person!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
As far as I know, Geoff is still working hard to finish it. In the near future, Geoff, David Roth and myself are planning a special coin magic event to be held in New York City. We had a thread on it last week, but the Café supervisors switched the thread to the So Happy Together forum. We will certainly post more information about it as we finalize our planning.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Cruise
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Cruise
Yeah I heard about that it is limited to 30 people and not posble for me to go :< It is cool though you guys are doing that!
ask harry why he dont want people to know he makes $200 a month for all these ads! thats like $4000 a month! oh but SHHH! harry isnt a real person!
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
I know this is an old thread, but is there any 'new' news on this book by Geoff Latta. I saw the LVMI 2003 dvd and really enjoyed Geoff's performance and teaching. Since that I have been trying to get all the stuff he has done. A few things are unatainable (cause they are out of print) but I was hoping to get his new book. Does anyone have any updates? please?
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I am interested too on the book of Geoff Latta. updates anyone?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
When last we spoke, Geoff mentioned he's experimenting with a video teaching technique that sounds exciting. Hold onto your hats folks. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Glad to hear that Jon. Smile
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
Godhandz always speaks pretty highly of Mr. Latta. And with that alone I anticipate his next work.
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I would hope that anyone who considers themselves SERIOUS about coin magic would study the body of Geoff Latta's work that is ALREADY in print.

There is some to be found in Apocalype and other magazines that are harder to find but the largest collection is in Richard Kaufman's COINMAGIC. If you haven't read and studied that work AND Bobo's New Modern Coin magic you're just pretending.
Menthol
View Profile
New user
*Cough*Delaware*Cough*
33 Posts

Profile of Menthol
I must say, his stuff in COINmagic is Great! I can't wait for more.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Now THERE'S a guy who deserves to have the mob screaming his name - he has consistently proven his brilliant thinking time and time again. You have to sift through a lot of material to find his contributions, but they are almost without exception, extremely creative and dastardly clever.

I am sure I am not alone in suggesting that Geoff's book is the most anticipated release for years. I can't begin to imagine how deep the iceberg goes...
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
I have to say if you've only heard of Geoff Latta or maybe have seen his contributions on the LVMI & COINvention DVD's, you haven't seen anything yet. Go to one of the NY Coin Magic Seminars and there you will see Geoff do some really amazing stuff. Cheers,

Bill
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
I am all for evidence, not sycophantic zealotry. If you can back up an opinion with tangible evidence, then you have a defensible position. It is one thing to state a person is the greastest magician in history on the back of what is essentially a single move, it is quite another to appreciate a true master of psychology, technical skill and subtle finesse that has proven himself in performance and in the written word, not with a single move, but with many dozens of moves and many dozens of fine routines that are superbly crafted. I would not make a juvenile assertion that Geoff is "the best in the history of the world", because I do not have the evidence to back it up. I do, however, have the evidence to prove that he is a truly gifted individual that can apply his gifts to many branches of the art. A "mob man", perhaps, but this mob has read a book or two.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
Thank you to those who have answered in regards to his new book. Also for giving the information on his experimenting with making a dvd. Any more information along these lines is much appreciated.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Gents,
I'm not sure whether all or any of the material slated for inclusion in Geoff's book will be the material Steve Hobbs wrote during the extended period during which he was slated to write Geoff's book. Nevertheless, as I understand it, Stephen Minch has the publishing rights, purchased from Kaufman. Thus, even once Geoff finishes the writing--presuming that occurs within our lifetime--there could be a significant delay before it actually sees print. From experience, Stephen is an exceptional publisher but, in large measure because he is, he has a backlog of books that he will eventualy publish, provided the individuals involved don't lose patience and look elsewhere. That said, Geoff has a wealth of excellent material and extraordinary technical skills. It is not unreasonable for there to be great anticipation for his work. I can state with solid evidence that his book should contain some truly ground breaking thinking in a number of subject areas of our magic craft.

Wesley James
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Bill Duncan,
I love Just Pretend!

Shanester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Geoff Latta (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL