The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Examinable BLANK DECK! No way!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26204

Ad copy:

"This is the best blank deck routine I've seen - the reactions I've been getting from AVALANCHE are some of the strongest I've ever had!"
- Paul Romhany

Paul's JOYOUS new EXAMINABLE Gimmicked Card Case starts off with...

THE AVALANCHE BLIZZARD

Instantly transform your cards into an examinable BLANK DECK... with NO DECK SWITCH!

EVERY pro we've shown this to has replaced their old Blizzard with AVALANCHE... as it's the easiest, most convenient, most direct Blizzard effect you can do.

(We even give you a full deck of blank cards!)

And there's even MORE SECRETS buried in your AVALANCHE...

WITH A NORMAL DECK!

THE AVALANCHE PERFECT FORCE:

Do an absolutely perfect worry-free force... with the deck held by the spectator! She just hands you ANY card from the normal deck... and the deed is done.

THE AVALANCHE REAL-DEAL VANISH:

Drop the spectator's card onto the deck... and the card is instantly gone! It's really genuinely completely freaking no longer in the deck... which can be immediately examined.

THE AVALANCHE NO-PALM CARD TO ANYWHERE:

After you've vanished her card... the spectator SCREAMS... when she discovers her card in her pocket or under a phone!

THE AVALANCHE SUPER EASY CARD SWITCH:

No double lifts, no palming, no extra anything. Simple display the card... drop it onto her hand... and now it's a different card!

* The AVALANCHE Gimmick is completely self-contained inside the card case... which can be fully examined inside and out when in the "locked" position.

* Use the AVALANCHE case as your normal everyday card case. It looks and feels like a normal case. No reset needed... so it's always ready to Astonish.

* No extra bits or pieces to add or ditch. It's all secretly built into your AVALANCHE case.

No card skills required. Anyone can learn to AVALANCHE in under 3 minutes!

AVALANCHE: Complete with self-contained examinable card case, tutorial download and a full deck of blank face "Blizzard" cards.

TRIGGER THE AVALANCHE TODAY!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1053 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Who has ever displayed a card like that looks totally dodgy
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
883 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I love Paul Harris, but saying that "it really is the perfect force" is just silly.

Mike
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
The link is not working
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
127 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Obi Wan would laugh at that force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEuYSS66SU
Vincenzo
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
196 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Looks like an update on Paul Harris's half-moon principle from the True Astonishments boxed set.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Is the link working for you guys
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
563 Posts

Profile of Bill08
How many card faces are shown in the Avalanche routine?
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
127 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, Cardmagic12345 wrote:
Is the link working for you guys

No
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

It seems like an ungimmicked switch would seem more natural but this is just my opinion
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Strange. It was there earlier. Guess it is a secret right now...
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Could that ghastly force be the reason Penguin killed the listing for the effect? Or is it unrealistic to think a trick could ever be SO bad that a retailer might pull it?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
TimothyMa
View Profile
New user
HongKong
41 Posts

Profile of TimothyMa
The link is dead. Can’t view anything.
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
127 Posts

It's French. Google Chrome may offer to translate https://www.magicdream.fr/avalanche-paul-harris.html
TimothyMa
View Profile
New user
HongKong
41 Posts

Profile of TimothyMa
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, Dave the Knave wrote:
It's French. Google Chrome may offer to translate https://www.magicdream.fr/avalanche-paul-harris.html

Thanks!
If the box can be really examined right after the force, it is quite good.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
537 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, TimothyMa wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, Dave the Knave wrote:

Thanks!
If the box can be really examined right after the force, it is quite good.

I know what your point is but the fact that we are even talking about examining a "card box" after FORCING a card should speak volumes here. I agree with some of the comments above very unjustified placement of the card on the card box to show a card and at that less than a third of it. I agree the box and the gimmick and for that matter Paul Harris I am a fan of but the application here seems very un natural to me. Yes maybe through patter you could justify it but even at that it seems awkward to me. This device seems well made and very clever but I would put on my thinking cap and try and use it in a different way than shown in this video.

My 2 cents spent
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
483 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
483 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Avalanche looks extremely similar to another product I own that was released a few years ago called Void by Skulkor. They both force a card utilizing the box and both have unnatural looking displays as some people have pointed out. I picked up Void after watching an episode of the Wizard Product Review where Dave and Craig raved about it and both gave it a 90% (which still baffles me). There was a lot hidden in the Void trailer so I had no idea what to expect. Had I known I would have never purchased it because it was a huge let-down that went into the drunk drawer. Dave and Craig were definitely in the minority with their glowing review because every other review I saw was negative.

Kudos to the PHP team because the Avalanche trailer is a lot more honest and revealing and while the concepts are extremely similar, it looks like Avalanche may offer a few minor improvements over Void. At the end of the day I'm still not a fan of this particular method and handling so I'll be passing on this one, but I do wish the PHP team success on this release.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1187 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I think you have to look past the video demo. That is only one application.

The move can be justified.. have a card selected and casually place it on the box.
‘I’ll turn my head and you must remember the card’ - perform the move.
By turning your head you’re making it appear as though the box is also making it difficult for you to peek.

However, having the deck turn blank doesn’t fit this routine best. Just think outside the box a little and this could be useful.

Joel

(Ps did you spot the terrible pun?)
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
This seems to be unavailable everywhere now... Any clue if it will be back?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (25 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL