The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7384 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Potentially a good option to make a forced card disappear from a deck, which I could have a use for. Anyone know if it's possible to change the 'force' card?

That is in my view one of the strongest uses for this and the tutorial covers it.

Imagine showing them the card putting it back on top of the deck and its gone, they can look at every card in the deck there is nothing there it is gone not stuck to another card etc it is actually gone from the deck.

It can then reappear anywhere you want. I don't normally like non signed card to impossible location but as the vanish is so strong it works with this.

You also have other uses for this as shown (blank deck routine, writing appears or changes etc) so its not just one trick which is great.

The force can be changed in seconds and you can make your own forces up very easily in a few minutes.

I did this for a magician in the shop the other day and he thought there was a card magnetised to the box, I handed him the box he examined it inside and out and found nothing, so I know 100% this will pass in the real world.

This is way better than you are all thinking, but you won't believe me so just wait for the reviews from those that actually bought this.

You can pick your up here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html

Thought you might have a boat load in stock. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13881 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am indeed anticipating the reviews.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Potentially a good option to make a forced card disappear from a deck, which I could have a use for. Anyone know if it's possible to change the 'force' card?

That is in my view one of the strongest uses for this and the tutorial covers it.

Imagine showing them the card putting it back on top of the deck and its gone, they can look at every card in the deck there is nothing there it is gone not stuck to another card etc it is actually gone from the deck.

It can then reappear anywhere you want. I don't normally like non signed card to impossible location but as the vanish is so strong it works with this.

You also have other uses for this as shown (blank deck routine, writing appears or changes etc) so its not just one trick which is great.

The force can be changed in seconds and you can make your own forces up very easily in a few minutes.

I did this for a magician in the shop the other day and he thought there was a card magnetised to the box, I handed him the box he examined it inside and out and found nothing, so I know 100% this will pass in the real world.

This is way better than you are all thinking, but you won't believe me so just wait for the reviews from those that actually bought this.

You can pick your up here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html

It would be good to understand how quickly a new force card gimmick can be made up please?

Thanks
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
898 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Brandon David & Chris Turchi are with me live right now to talk about Avalanche https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......43343351

You saw them in the trailer and now they're here to answer any questions you might have about Paul Harris' latest release!
dj
View Profile
Special user
788 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2019, Ross W wrote:
Is it just me? I have NO IDEA what this thing does apart from allow you to force a card in a REALLY weird way.

Agreed! Blizzard is a great trick. Having a "force" helping box just to have a gimmick......there are so many more natural ways to force a card.

I agree with that.

Why the hell do I have to put the card on the cardbox?
I mean, Paul Harris has already marketed many better magical things than Avalanche.
Where is the difference between "Void" by Skulkor and Avalanche?
Is not that the same gimmick?
Well, maybe not 100 percent but 99 percent, right?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
898 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Catch the replay of my chat with Brandon David and Chris Turchi to get ALL the details about Avalanche!

threadman77
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of threadman77
Watched the interview, still not convinced this is a worker. Just another deck you have to carry around (and not a card box I would carry anyway) to do a "force" when you can accomplish it 100 other ways. Paul is a great thinker and creator, but I believe he also likes creating fun little gadgets and gaffs that are simply "magician" toys. This is one of those. Doesn't make any sense in the "working" magicians world.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2681 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Every magician that carries a deck of cards with them also carries a card case. If this card case doesn't get in the way of anything, I see no harm in having it. At some point, it may come in handy!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, threadman77 wrote:
Watched the interview, still not convinced this is a worker. Just another deck you have to carry around (and not a card box I would carry anyway) to do a "force" when you can accomplish it 100 other ways. Paul is a great thinker and creator, but I believe he also likes creating fun little gadgets and gaffs that are simply "magician" toys. This is one of those. Doesn't make any sense in the "working" magicians world.

I still think this offers a nice way to vanish a 'selected' card from a deck that can be examined by the spec, rather then seem vanished.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3666 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I think this is terrific. So many different applications and routines are possible.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
Most forces to me are a bit suspicious. Maybe I just feel spectators know its really not a free choice with the weird selection methods.

Ex: “i’ll rifle down the deck and tell me when to stop?” Why not spread the deck and let them choose freely?

Now if I had a killer classic force, I would feel differently. So I think a very natural and clean selection of a card is a fair trade off with putting the card on a box.

Id rather sell the reason of putting the card on the box, then some dodgy, overused force.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Taller8 , you make a very great point there and I really hadn’t thought of it in that context .
These seems it may have potential at least on certain occasions , best wishes Gaz 🙂
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Watched the trailer on Penguin, pretty disappointed. All you see is performers spreading blank cards, why not show the routine? I have Blizzard so know the workings but this trailer does nothing to push me to purchase. Seemed they pushed the box force more than the actual effect and definitely not a force I would use, and why would I show a spec a card with the word force on it, might prompt some questions. "Why does that card say force on it?" Me: "Oh that is the card I made you take" Will save my money and find something that is worth $35! This is definitely not it!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3283 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Putting a card on top of a card box isn't suspicious to me at all. Carrying a card box with cards in it isn't either LOL. I'll be picking this up.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2918 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
With respect fcchief1 you haven’t read the thread or read the effect description through imho Gaz 🙂
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, fcchief1 wrote:
Watched the trailer on Penguin, pretty disappointed. All you see is performers spreading blank cards, why not show the routine? I have Blizzard so know the workings but this trailer does nothing to push me to purchase. Seemed they pushed the box force more than the actual effect and definitely not a force I would use, and why would I show a spec a card with the word force on it, might prompt some questions. "Why does that card say force on it?" Me: "Oh that is the card I made you take" Will save my money and find something that is worth $35! This is definitely not it!

It does not have to say force. It’s just for the trailer to explain that this is the forced card.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18109 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm actually pretty impressed by this.. Got mine today...
I'm decent at DIY and I've remade everything in the cardshark brand...

The box works well, I initially didn't like the way of displaying the card but I'm over that now.. No one cares really...

And its over and done with quickly...

Works for me and my way of presenting etc so its a 9/10 for me... Thinking of porting it all over to a tarot box next...
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3815 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
I'm actually pretty impressed by this.. Got mine today...
I'm decent at DIY and I've remade everything in the cardshark brand...

The box works well, I initially didn't like the way of displaying the card but I'm over that now.. No one cares really...

And its over and done with quickly...

Works for me and my way of presenting etc so its a 9/10 for me... Thinking of porting it all over to a tarot box next...

This serves double duty as an actual cardbox? I hoping yes? Would be a pain to have to carry around an extra box just for this. I like the use of this for something like card to impossible location.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18109 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I thought you didn't use playing cards?!

Of course it's a pretty. Much regular card box. It's been tweaked a little but it's a genuine card box.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3815 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
I thought you didn't use playing cards?!

Of course it's a pretty. Much regular card box. It's been tweaked a little but it's a genuine card box.

Who DOESN'T use playing cards? LoL. Thanks Iain! Just the information I was looking for Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL