The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Just barely got a chance to go test this and I absolutely love it. I think this is being very overlooked. They have a few killer routines with this but you can do so much more than shown. I've been playing with some dual reality concepts with this and it really will become an everyday carry for me. I like the avalanche blank deck but for me what really stood out was the card to impossible location, and the force/card change. One routine has a spectator select a card and puts half the deck in their pocket. You place the selected card on top of your pile immediately after showing it and the spectator picks it up with their imagination. You then clearly show its not on the top or anywhere in your pile and you can let them do the reveal as it finally clicks they used their imagination to put it in their pocket and the moment they pull it out and turn it over they are amazed. Really one of the best releases in years in my opinion. It may look awkward for the camera in the trailer but in the real world this absolutely kills. You could easily customize a gimmick to a deck of your choosing if you wanted as well. Another idea I had is you could easily adapt the gimmick to make a killer chicago opener routine. All in all, I think the Paul Harris team really knocked it out of the park with this one. I would for sure give this a 5/5 rating and I'm more than happy to answer any questions.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3037 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think in the routine you describe once you have shown the card you shouldn’t place it on top of your half then show it’s vanished from there .
I think that telegraphs the method imo , it should be placed in the middle of your half or if on top then get the spectator to shuffle your half before the vanish and reappearance .
That’s my 2 cents on it anyway Gaz 🙂
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Gaz, thank you for your thoughts, for the card vanishing anywhere else I use what you describe. However, in my experience this particular routine makes it perfect off the top. If you have them mime pulling it from the top I find it gets great reactions and no one questions it, especially if you let them turn the top card over. However, again for it vanishing anywhere else I use what you describe. Just thought I would share what has been working for me. Thank you again for your thoughts
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3037 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Cody maybe I am thinking too much like magician here . I see your point though with the miming aspect as the magic hasn’t happened to them at that point and added to that they are ones doing it , which is always a strong situation Gaz 🙂
phanindhra
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of phanindhra
This is a great trick and very cleverly made gimmick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Avalanche by Paul Harris (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL