The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Decep Base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I am new into grand illusion and just a bought a deceptive base from another magician. I was wondering however, a base is just a base; I am going to have a frame built on top of it; this will make it appear me or an assistant. What does anyone recommend building that frame out of and does anyone have any prices? I have thought about wood but I think it might flop around or just chip too easily. Tell me your thoughts, thanks.
The Wicked Mr. Grey
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
177 Posts

Profile of The Wicked Mr. Grey
I like using a frame that has just rods and on the rods I place white or light blue cloths. But that's me.... and it also fits in w/ my personality and the general theme of my show so that's why I do that. I also like the cloth type of frames 'cause you can shine lights around it to show that it's empty and you can use projectors to make funny appearances.

Dorian Grey
What you have seen this evening was real, though it may have nothing to do with reality.

A Life Among Secrets
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Rule 1. The more you haul the more you have to haul.

Rule 2. The more pieces something has, the more that goes wrong on the road.

Rule 3. The availability of replacement materials on the road is just a little more peace of mind.

Rule 4. The more sense it makes to the audience the easier it is to entertain them.

Rule 5. Stage hands can take anything apart once.

Rule 6. Whatever it is will get something heavier stacked on it.

Rule 7. If it can be turned over, it will be.

Rule 8. If water will ruin it, leave it at home.

Rule 9. The audience will never ask to see your budget.

Rule 10. The gaget on top is the part that makes the trick the trick to the audience. It must fit the show.

In a good show the audience won't remember that it had a base. What do you want the people to see?

Enjoy your base. It is a very versatile piece of equipment. Ultimately you could have several different tops for it.

Bob
Illusions@MagicBySander.com

A bit of personal advice from an old guy: Put your name on every piece some how. I use stamped in labels where I can. It does not show on stage.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Build a couple of detachable "tops" every year or so... The base is in the end just the gaffe...

Oh yeah, change your presentation too..

Hope that's not too wild an idea...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
If it is very deceptive and slick looking, you could build a plexiglass box around it. Cover it with a cloth and make your assistant appear.
magia355
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia, USA
173 Posts

Profile of magia355
You know,For my base I had a box built of aluminum that was polished to a bright shine. Not only was it light, but beautiful. I have three different effects for my base but my favorite is the one I mentioned above.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Decep Base (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL