The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bound by Joel Dickinson (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Harley Remington
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Harley Remington
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11411

Good trick. Good method.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks a lot, I am really glad you like Bound. I love it.

I have fooled magicians over and over again with Bound at my lectures.
It is such a fun routine to perform and it is also captivating for spectators.

Best wishes,

Joel.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Joel has taken an old, well know trick and ramped up the impossibility factor 10 fold. Best of all Bound is easy as pie and doesn’t require any gimmicks. Just a borrowed deck, some rubber bands (or tape) and you’re all set. If you like the demo you will not be disappointed.

Bound is a guaranteed fooler and will compliment any working magicians or hobbyists set.
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Heard great things about this. I will definately be picking this up at Blackpool, or maybe before.
Soon as I do, I will put a review on here.
Really enjoyed the Head Tricks book.
All good stuff.
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
This is so beautifully simple such a great stand alone piece of magic, Joel’s teaching is always a joy and everything is covered with some additional ideas at that end. I will definitely be doing this , I now need to learn some rubber band magic with all these bands 😉
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, sileeni wrote:
Heard great things about this. I will definately be picking this up at Blackpool, or maybe before.
Soon as I do, I will put a review on here.
Really enjoyed the Head Tricks book.
All good stuff.

It's a download. Why wait.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks a lot everybody. Much appreciated.

Hi sileeni, it is only available via Penguin.

Dean I'm glad you like it.

Thank you Mr Bond, James Bond.

Joel.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Seems like Joel is the "Matt Mello" for Card Tricks Smile

cool & practical stuff for a nice price!

like it
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Adds a nice touch of theatrics to a solid classic. A great way to say, "Look how impossible that was!" without having it seem like you are baiting for a response.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
956 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Great effect and unbeatable price for this excellent download from Joel using a well know method and then adding another layer endorsing a further impossibility to the lay persons. And a beautifully constructed routine by Joel and everything impromptu,repeatable and examable,and with a borrowed deck if you want. What more could you ask for.

This will get the Wow factor.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
Great effect, I have fooled everyone I have performed it for so far. Definitely a worker, can’t wait to try it out at my gigs this weekend.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Terrific...and SO easy to perform (even for a fumble thumbs like me)!
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey everyone!

Watch the review I posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agg3Z94UOqE
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hello and thanks to everybody for there thoughts and reviews. I do really appreciate them.

Tyler, thanks for taking your time with making a video review. I really enjoyed it. Just a couple of things, when I perform Bound for magicians I present it differently and it would have fooled you.

Regarding a full demo on the performance, Bound isn’t a gimmick dependant routine. It’s proper old school magic and once learnt and routined to suit you, you’ll have a routine for life that you can perform at the drop of a hat.

In your review you mentioned you didn’t watch the explanation because you figured it out. Well, I can not be fooled by magic anymore. There is no trick that has ever fooled me on a video (unless it has been specifically set up for a video) but I love magic and the creativity magicians put in to there ideas. With this and a positive learning mind set you will learn a lot more. Some of the other peoples reviews state the tuition is great and that it should cost more. I’m only pointing this out to show you that the tuition is important, there are several subtleties and performance tips that will help turn this into more than a trick for you.

Just because you figured it out doesn’t mean a lay person will, so don’t let that put you off, I don’t just mean for Bound. I mean for magic in general. You are a magician watching a magician! However no ‘non magic people’ have ever figured Bound out when I have performed for them. And just because you have figured out a trick doesn’t mean it is not good, you are still purchasing an idea that you have not had yourself.

Regarding the fee being worth $5.00. I wouldn’t give any secrets away EVER to anybody for $5.00. Magic is my living and today secrets are too cheap.
Magic these days is very cheap and bare in mind Bound has come from my repertoire, its not just a flash in the pan. If I could only sell my magic for $5.00 then I’d prefer to keep it to myself.

I did enjoy your review; these are obviously the important points to you that we have disagreed on and disagreeing is a good thing. Otherwise we would all be thinking the same thing. Thanks again Tyler.

Best wishes all,

Joel
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:
Hey everyone!

Watch the review I posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agg3Z94UOqE

You probably watch a lot of magicorthodoxy reviews. Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Joel- for me it works out well this routine. Has a nice feel and flow to it and you can free style the presentation in many directions. Recommended!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Just for a bit of fun last night I got them to draw a stick man who I called Harry Houdini who was going to escape from the box. Went down pretty well.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
And there lies another presentational idea.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Love all the ideas so far with Bound. I'm also happy to see that the simplicity hasn't been overlooked and turned in to a negative.
I perform BOUND a lot.

So happy to see BOUND is still in the top penguin 5, that is just amazing.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11411

Joel.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
For those of you that haven’t picked this up. Please do. It’s awesome.

Here is a link to a performance of bounce that I hits uploaded onto my YouTube Channel.

It is a real worker and one of the best downloads I’ve ever purchased.

Here’s the link to my performance. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/UI-fR9vjSBU
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bound by Joel Dickinson (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL