The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hotel tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrian990
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of adrian990
Hello,
I'm planning to go to California, So I want to get some travelling tips such as how to find a hotel and all that. Please suggest me with the best travelling tips. Thankyou!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2471 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Where in California, The Bay area is very different from Los Angels which is very different from San Diego area. I'm in the L.A. area and might be able to offer some experience.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15665 Posts

Profile of tommy
Don't forget to leave the cleaners a tip.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5803 Posts

Profile of motown
You mean housekeeping.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15665 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes, whatever you do, do not call them cleaners, or they will press their panic buttons and a swat team will be there before you know it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Not joking, don't take a hotel room higher than about the ninth floor as most ladders on a ladder truck, can only go that high. Personally I like the second or third floor as I could jump out a window and still live. Now breaking those windows that don't open, that's another story.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19339 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In most hotels in America it just isn't a thing. Most people do not get saved with ladders in windows.

Now not wanting to walk down a zillion steps makes sense to me. I lived on the 11th floor in college and when we had an elevator problem WOW was it a pain.

I personally like the high floors just for the view.

The main reason I never even worry about it is this.
https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/D......re-Fires

"U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 3,520 structure fires in hotels and motels each year, which represents 1% of all structure fires.
These fires resulted in annual losses of 9 civilian deaths, 120 civilian injuries,"

Statistically speaking I'm willing to risk it in return for the view.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
130 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Yep, if the building catches fire just look down and pretend it is the aurora borealis Smile
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Enchanting panorama not withstanding, I can always get a view so long as I'm alive. My life is way to valuable and I've seen many a view. Some things I wish I hadn't seen but those things I don't talk about.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19339 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With the millions who rent hotel rooms every year and only 9 deaths, it is a statistical anomaly based on paranoia. It simply is not worth considering.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Even with minimal risk, it's not worth it for a view. As I said, MY life is WAY to valuable.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Even with minimal risk, it's not worth it for a view. As I said, MY life is WAY to valuable.

I take it that you never ride in a car, nor fly in an airplane.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Apples and oranges. Cars and planes are necessity of conveyance. A view gets me nowhere.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Apples and oranges. Cars and planes are necessity of conveyance. A view gets me nowhere.

So . . . the only risks you'll ever take involve necessities of conveyance?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Here we go again. I'm done taking the bait. Have fun Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2471 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4659 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café.


Fell out a window.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Here we go again. I'm done taking the bait. Have fun Smile

You can prevent this by not making stupid comments.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café.


Fell out a window.


Reading this thread, I think he jumped out Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
130 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
So, did the OP ever get to California? So far he has one post on the Café.



I thought he was just a bot.
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hotel tips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL