The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid tosses Linking Rings (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1594 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
All the experience sometimes won't help when the unexpected happens.
During one of my Holiday performances, my helper tossed the 2 ring link set into the audience. Luckily, it didn't strike anyone. The 2 link set was the 8 inch made from aluminum.
I've been using the rings with children for many years and never had the happened before. Well, there is always a first time.
Tricky Ricky
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2227 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
There is and incident still horrifies today. The time my helper, for some unknown reason, pulled down his pants and mooned the audience!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1812 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I had a little girl pinch my butt during a show.

I knew her mom and the mom thought it would be funny.

The mom thought it was hilarious.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
randysburtis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of randysburtis
If stuff happens like that with pros ya just know anything can happen. Kerosene ya on your toes lol.i had a kid pee while on stage. I quickly finished the trick. Quietly told them the plan. Then I went to the back of the room. Had everyone turn around to do a fun interactive group trick and the kid made a dash off stage. No one knew he had the accident.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Wow, those are some horror stories.

I had one child (about 8-10 years old) break my wooden magic wand in half over his knee. That was a first.

I had no issue telling him that wasn't a proper way to act in publick, so I just sent him back to his seat and selected someone else.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Happens to everyone eventually Ricky.

thanks for sharing.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1149 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yeah, some kids have impulse control issues. I don't let kids handle delicate props and puppets, but once in a blue moon they will grab a prop right from my hand and damage it on purpose. A few times a kid grabbed Rocky the raccoon (or just the tail), and ripped out the tail (super-glued it back). Sometimes when some disruption happens, I say "this doesn't happen to David Copperfield!"
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1821 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Dan, When I used Rocky the Raccoon, I used a magnet to connect his tail on just so this would happen! Kids think it is hilarious.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid tosses Linking Rings (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL