We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » That's-Just-Wrong Department (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
Frank Gorshin springs to mind.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27087 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Compare the Beatles to the Bee Gees or the Beach Boys. The Beatles were happening ...
There was a Sgt. Pepper's movie with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton. Brando in Superman and Apocalypse Now?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
Guys and Dolls musically.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
Compare the Beatles to the Bee Gees or the Beach Boys. The Beatles were happening ...
There was a Sgt. Pepper's movie with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton. Brando in Superman and Apocalypse Now?

It was a horrible movie. The Bee Gees tried to get out during the shooting!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, any movie with the Bee Gees in it would be horrible.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4896 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, landmark wrote:
Jon, the video is unavailable. Could you give a summary of what you saw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34&feature=youtu.be
the kid's report is pretty close
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/coving......dex.html
Something about tribes of israel and there was mention of "indian"=savage by that group (not the students). Look at 4:03 on the new link above to see their sign.

This is interesting:
https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/native-ame......a-teens/
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27087 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The Post article states
Quote:
the Omaha Nation elder said he wants to use his “sudden and unwanted fame"....
while elsewhere online and on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/alethea.phillips
public attention seems no stranger.
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/native-a......-indians

Notice the lack of attention to those making unpleasant comments earlier in the video?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4896 Posts

Profile of landmark
Objecting to racist characterizations is hardly a desire to become famous. Unfortunately, Mr. Phillips has probably had more than his share of unpleasant encounters in his life.

And nobody--nobody--is defending the Black Hebrew Israelite lunatics. They're a well known tiny group of provocateurs.

What people are trying to understand is what actually happened between the teens and the Native American group. The accounts from Nick Sandmann and Nathan Phillips differ, and they both sound heartfelt. It is quite possible that there was misunderstanding on both sides. If the NY Post article is correct, it may be that the two of them will get to sit down and talk to each other, which would be wonderful.

But my big question is what action did the adults with the teens do?
Why didn't they get them out of the situation as soon as it was clear what was happening?
"C'm'on, boys, let's not dally here. Let's get to the buses. Let's go, let's go," with a smile to everyone while they hustled the boys out of there. Any teacher that I have ever encountered would have done something similar to that.

It doesn't add up for me.Seventy five of their students are in a circle with activity within it, and that's fine with them?--or the teachers are simply AWOL? No. no, no.

I'll tell you one thing--if they were employees of the NYC Dept. of Education, at a minimum the teachers would get a disciplinary letter in their files, and it would be cause for firing.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
Perhaps they were monks.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4896 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, tommy wrote:
Perhaps they were monks.

? Ok, I'll bite. What do you mean?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well, whenever you see a line of monks the one at the front always shouts form a circle.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4896 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh, okay.

For a high school teacher, it pretty much means, "Fight! Fight!" and you get your *ss over there ASAP.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15983 Posts

Profile of tommy
To alleviate the boredom of playing Kowalski on stage for, at that time, over one year, Brando started to fight with one of the stagehands, who was an amateur boxer. The stagehand took it easy on Brando until the actor insisted he fight for real. The stagehand then popped him in the nose, and blackened his eyes. Having just been punched in the face, and with his nose bleeding, Brando stepped back on to the stage. His co-star, Jessica Tandy, hid her surprise at his appearance by ad-libbing the line "You bloody fool" and playing it off as if Stanley had just been in a street fight.

After the performance, Brando walked to the nearest hospital to get himself fixed up. Irene Selznick, the show's producer, told Brando to get his nose reset. She was glad he did not to listen to her. "I honestly think that broken nose made his fortune," she said. "It gave him sex appeal. He was too beautiful before."

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » That's-Just-Wrong Department (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL