The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » If you only had one gaffed deck. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
So, I love gaffed decks, but when I'm going to a friends house or out for drinks, I don't want to fill my pockets with decks. I've settled on having one regular non gaffed deck for various tricks and 1 gaffed deck that can do something particularly amazing. I just got "Position Impossibile" and I love it. However, I really wish I could get it in blue backs. Call me weird, I just don't like red backs. Anyways, I'm looking around at some of the other routines with gaffed cards to see what else I might carry with me. I really love how direct and clean "position Impossible" is. I also like that it's not too long or involved. Something along those lines is what I'm interested in.

If you only carried one gaff deck with you what would be it?
karnak
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
412 Posts

Profile of karnak
For me, the Mastermind (Monte Cristo) deck.

Either that, or else the Cheek to Cheek (gaffed Triumph) deck.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, karnak wrote:
For me, the Mastermind (Monte Cristo) deck.

Either that, or else the Cheek to Cheek (gaffed Triumph) deck.

Actually, I'd love to find a mastermind deck in blue backs but I have had little luck finding anything anywhere. I don't suppose anyone knows how I could find one, or get one made?
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Influence by Wayne Houchin had a blue back deck. Is out of stock in Penguin, don't know if available somewhere.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1854 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Only one gaffed deck? An invisible deck.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of LesL
Kinda depends how many tricks you want to do and how drunk your friends get. Whole books have been written on stripper or Svengali decks. Mastermind is a good one shot if you can keep their hands off the cards.
Shoreline99
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Shoreline99
I choose an Invisible deck. It is outs loved by magicians but actually it is also useful for hypnotists.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
I've recently found myself not using my ID so much, and gravitating back to my Svengali deck. Even though you can buy a cheap version in the dollar store, I find the deck still fools.

The Mind Power deck by John Kennedy is also a good one, but I'm not sure if these one-off decks are included in your question.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1317 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I find myself gravitating towards this one lately. The linked thread is only one of the routines possible with this deck, plenty other sources and excellent routines exist.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2212 Posts

Profile of todsky
Invisible Deck for me. Very entertaining and interactive, and a whammo climax! I’ve freaked out thousands of spectators over the years with it. Can’t beat that!

Todd
www.magicstore.ca
We carry Murphy's Magic, Ellusionist products, Bizarre Magick, etc.
www.magicstore.ca
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
103 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Invisible deck for me as well
Bruce
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
For me, to choose just one is rather difficult but I would say this one for me... Pendultimate
https://sudonimh.com/product/pendultimate/
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2295 Posts

Profile of Doomo
A really good index does almost everything.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » If you only had one gaffed deck. (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL