The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to get a "Just Plain Dry Erase" panel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Plain dry erase board. About 1/4" thick. Just the board, no magnets, no frame, nothing else. I have looked every where and cannot locate a source.
Anyone? Beuller? Anyone?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Depending on size, you may bed to get something a bit larger than what you need and cut it to size for the no frame.
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Try online at Aliexpress I found a few that may be suitable: https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/Dry-e......se-board
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
You can buy dry erase sticky back plastic. Just stick this to a board of your choice.
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Home Depot or Lowes has it.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2019, Goldfield wrote:
Try online at Aliexpress I found a few that may be suitable: https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/Dry-e......se-board

Did not see it there. Magnetic or Stick on only. Did I miss it?
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, drmagic wrote:

Went to both..no plain dry erase board. Did you see it there?
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, ed wood wrote:
You can buy dry erase sticky back plastic. Just stick this to a board of your choice.

That is what I am doing now but would prefer just the plain board. I bought a big sheet at Staples 4 years ago and cut it but they are getting ratty!
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Depending on size, you may bed to get something a bit larger than what you need and cut it to size for the no frame.

Would love to but cannot find any size just plain dry erase.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Would this work? Dry erase lapboards tend to be thin but sturdy. No border and light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RPG7YP/ref......81716abd
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2019, bunkyhenry wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, drmagic wrote:

Went to both..no plain dry erase board. Did you see it there?

Yes, I bought mine at Home Depot in the lumber department. I believe it was either 2' x 4' or 4' x 4' and I cut it to size.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:
Would this work? Dry erase lapboards tend to be thin but sturdy. No border and light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RPG7YP/ref......81716abd

Thanks, but he lapboard makes them quite heavy (I carry 4 of them) Just plain dry erase is light as a feather.
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, bunkyhenry wrote:
Thanks, but he lapboard makes them quite heavy (I carry 4 of them) Just plain dry erase is light as a feather.

Then the boards at Home Depot are not what you're looking for. They are not light as a feather.
What size are you looking for?
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I will buy any size and cut them down 15X15 doesn't really have to be exact
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Buckhenry,
If weight is your concern, then I would suggest dry erase foam board. It is super light and works just like a dry erase board. Granted, they are not as sturdy as a hardbacked board but, with care, they will last. I bought mine at Michaels. Two sheets, 20 in x 30 in, and 3/16 thick are $18 where I live. Easily cut with an Xacto or utility knive. Michaels also have 40% off coupons all the time.
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of Newsround
Had some a few years for kids practising spellings and other schoolwork. Just bought from local stationery shop, few pounds each
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2019, drmagic wrote:
Buckhenry,
If weight is your concern, then I would suggest dry erase foam board. It is super light and works just like a dry erase board. Granted, they are not as sturdy as a hardbacked board but, with care, they will last. I bought mine at Michaels. Two sheets, 20 in x 30 in, and 3/16 thick are $18 where I live. Easily cut with an Xacto or utility knive. Michaels also have 40% off coupons all the time.

That is what I want...dry erase foam board...checked all 3 Michaels near me in person..What state r you in?
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Quote:
That is what I want...dry erase foam board...checked all 3 Michaels near me in person..What state r you in?

I live in Florida. Michaels can ship it to you but I don't know what kind of shape it would be in by the time it arrived to you. Here's the link if you need it https://www.michaels.com/elmers-dry-eras......620.html You can also check all the Michaels stores up to 200 miles around you, online, to see if they have it in stock. Also, your closest Michaels may be able to order it for you and have it shipped to the store to save on shipping costs. Hope that helps.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, drmagic wrote:
Quote:

I live in Florida. Michaels can ship it to you but I don't know what kind of shape it would be in by the time it arrived to you. Here's the link if you need it https://www.michaels.com/elmers-dry-eras......620.html You can also check all the Michaels stores up to 200 miles around you, online, to see if they have it in stock. Also, your closest Michaels may be able to order it for you and have it shipped to the store to save on shipping costs. Hope that helps.

That looks like hat I need. Many thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to get a "Just Plain Dry Erase" panel? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL