The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase grip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbharrelson
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Much analysis has been done on the man who called himself S W Erdnase.and his methods. Darwin Ortiz Dai Vernon wrote extensive analysis on his methods. Others have speculated on who the man himself was. I would like to offer. Couple of speculations based on my on my own analysis of the Erdnase text. In particular the Erdnase grip. Erdnase claimed certain sleights as his own others as done by others. He claimed an overhand stock shuffle riffle shuffle stock controls and certain shifts. He did not claim originality on his bottom and second deal or his grip. I speculate that Erdnase worked as a professional card dealer in gambling houses and this is where he learned card sleight of hand. I speculate that the so called Erdnase grip was widely used by professional card dealers in those days. Just as the mechanics grip later became widely used and today the dealers grip. I welcome thoughts from the excellent cardmen on this subject.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase grip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL