The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sankey's Holy Moly (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
UKNeil
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Does anyone know of a UK supplier for Sankey's Holy Moly?
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Most of his stuff he just sells direct now.
UKNeil
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Thanks. I've ordered it directly. I was considering Holy Stretch but it doesn't look organic enough for me. An actual "stretched" washer would seem better.
Chamber of Wallets
UKNeil
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Does anyone know what metal the gimmicks consist of?
Chamber of Wallets
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
All I can say about the metal used is that it ages and doesn't look as good as when new in my opinion.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am pretty sure they are the standard Zinc washers
UKNeil
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
I just received my order and I have been sent the wrong effect! I've emailed them so will hopefully get it sorted asap.
Chamber of Wallets
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
Does anyone sell these as coins? like a Chinese coin?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 5, 2019, st3v13 wrote:
Does anyone sell these as coins? like a Chinese coin?

Not that I'm aware of and I've been searching for years, the biggest problem is getting a Chinese Coin without a hole to match the ones with the holes.
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
I was thinking of a just a higher quality material. Like a presentation of blank coins with holes instead of washers
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, st3v13 wrote:
I was thinking of a just a higher quality material. Like a presentation of blank coins with holes instead of washers

Isn't part of the power and popularity of this effect (what the spectator perceive) from using simple and apparently normal/common objects?

Not sure how "higher quality material" would make this effect better. You could be right for a particular audience.
Some women are into large earrings. Maybe some of these silver disks would work as you "attempt to make some jewelry."

Me - I want a spectator to select an object from a dish of nuts, bolts and washers
and be able to perform well with whatever they choose. Last thing I would want is an object they did not recognize.

If you like the idea of holes moving around in other objects, check out Sankey's "Target Practice."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
My logic is more to avoid having more props. I personally think that no one thinks anything I'm carrying around is a normal object. might as well have "washers" I'm more comfortable doing normal coin slights with
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I am wandering what blank coins with holes are? I am thinking that blank coins with holes are in fact washers?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I am wandering what blank coins with holes are? I am thinking that blank coins with holes are in fact washers?

I would add that blank coins are not likely to discolour as bad as washers which I would see as an improvement personally.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
You can easily get washers in a variety of pastel colors. Nuts and bolts too.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, funsway wrote:

Yes but not with the required holes and lack of holes etc
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:

Sorry - all along I thought you were planning on making your own.

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Maybe Hank Moorehouse's BEGGARS COINS (from the secondary market) will work for this application?

Julie
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Beggars coins will not work with this routine.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, funsway wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:

Sorry - all along I thought you were planning on making your own.

It's not my thread I just posted my thoughts as I have been after a verion of this with Chinese coins for years, if I had the right tools for the job an knew what I was doing I would make them myself however I wouldn't have a clue and it would look terrible.

I used to perform the original routine with washers all the time but think it would look so much better with Chinese coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sankey's Holy Moly (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL