The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Tora's new website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
134 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Has anyone seen tora magics new website? https://www.toramagicshop.com/

It seems pretty good. But there's something it says that's exciting, but also suspicious, and seems too good to be true. They have always had rather ridiculously high shipping prices, which is understandable since they're in another country. But it has always seemed a lot higher than it should be, so much so that a couple times I decided not to order from them after all. But the new website says that that they now have free shipping, even to the USA. This seems too good to be true. Has anyone ordered from them lately?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of stempleton
He needed a new website... the old one was clunky and terrible to navigate. This one is a bit rough around the edges but much better.

I have not ordered from him directly, but the free shipping may be from the backlash he has received in the US; many have stated the Taiwan location is just a shell for his operations in Iran. Others (myself included) have criticized his ripoff designs of his props, particularly his feather flowers, which seem a direct steal from Richard Hughes. I have also seen several dealer sites diminish their stock of his items by offering deep discounts. Perhaps the shipping idea is a way to get more product back in the states.

Of course, this is all speculation. The one item I would LOVE to have is his everything from cube illusion. But even with free shipping that is out of my reach!
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
134 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Has anyone tried ordering from this site lately? I've tried, but it doesn't seem to work. There's something about the paypal they use that doesn't seem right. It's something about a "sandbox" version or something. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm beginning to wonder if it's all a big scam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Tora's new website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL