The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16..19..22..25..28~29~30 [Next]
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Deck of cards, pair of dice, nuts & Bolts, pyroperception, holey moley, color changing knives, rubber bands and index cards.
stphotog
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of stphotog
`you guys have too big pockets watch on the spot by greg wilson and carry 1 deck of cards
Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
Deck of bicycle cards, a bite coin, my luck centimo and a head full of stories.
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
I carry Dreamweaver and a stripper deck with me always. They never fail to astound laypeople. If I have room in my pockets, I'll carry a Breakthrough Card System deck for those times when you really want to freak someone out.
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
I always carry a deck of cards with me... and a bite coin if I want to freakout some audience... laymen don't know wat real magic is all about so when I go to them I first ask what do they understand about magic and when they answer I will said "ahh ok this is my understanding about magic... pick a card" hehehehe....
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Since I often wear a suit or at least a jacket - I have the topit. With that it's only the imagination that sets the limit and I can use various things available. Usually I have a purse with six coins and a [ in local currency. That way I can borrow coins or have my own well known coins and I can do a routine standing or sitting.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I carry rubber bands on both wrists, with which I can do about 15 minutes. I start with broken restored, CMH twice, found link, pinnacle, rhing thing, traveling cash, and I finish with star gazer, with both star rubber bands, and animal rubber bands. I always cary 10 or more rubber bands, and lots of business cards just in case I bump into Letterman, or Leno.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Flores Magic
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
54 Posts

Profile of Flores Magic
I always have a deck of Tally-Ho playing cards on me.
" Pick a card, any card "
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
I try to carry as little as possible, but am ALWAYS prepared to perform. I subscribe to Jeff McBride's 24/7 Magician philosophy as well as agree with Tony Andruzzi when he said, "Either you are a magician, or you are not..."

Anyway most often I have:

- a small brass ring and a ribbon (for a ring and ribbon routine, as well as making a pendulum)
- A deck of cards (for a pendulum divination and virtually ungaffed haunted pack, as well as the plythera of card tricks people are usually assulted... I mean amazed with)
- In my wallet of course Kollsal Killer, and my business cards (For my version of sneak theif, spirit writing ala Anneman, prediction ala boon writer, and Max Maven's Positive/Negative)
- The afore mentioned Boon writer
- my vest I usually wear has a JSB topit in it, as well as the stuff haunted decks are made of.... hmmmm
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
http://www.fizbinentertainment.com
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 04:05, stphotog wrote:
`you guys have too big pockets watch on the spot by greg wilson and carry 1 deck of cards

I wear a fanny pack to carry my PDA and wallet, etc. The extra pokets are for props.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have also started wearing a loop on my wrist, love thses things.
However since they do collect stuff, I have gotten to the point where I have them in the envelope in a breast pocket, in a drawer at work, in the glove compartment of my car, etc.
I have access to them almost anywhere I am. A quick dash to the nearest restroom and I am ready to go (perform loop effects that is)!
The only ones I do so far is the floating ring, floating card or floating bill.
I havent worked on some of the other routines yet such as the fork stuff, etc.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
A pair of dice for Sach's Dice! I feel it is perfect. I also carry a set of halves with me. Every now and then, I will bring a deck of cards. But always the dice.
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
When I'm doing something impromptu for a kid I like to do Coin Unique (like a dime and penny but uses a half and a quarter), or a coin vanish using a TT.

With adults, I do a number prediction on the back of my business card--helped by a swami gimmick. If cards are available, I always do the Impromptu Future Foretold, a trick I devised and marketed about 30 years ago.

Ed Hutchison
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I recently had to revise my list of very favorite impromptu items. They are:
Osterlind style memory demonstration with the mind reading kicker; Invisible Floating Quarter (my own thing); No Smoking ala Dan Garcia; Dischover ala Dan Garcia; Impromptu cap in bottle by Dan Garcia; Re-Capped ala Greg Wilson; Indian Bean Mystery as performed by Tom Mullica (if I can borrow beans or other suitable substitute); Spectator's Remorse ala Lee Earle if I can borrow a deck. Although I can't count them as totally impromptu, I always...and I mean always...cary impromptu nightshades by Paul Harris and Kolossal Killer as performed by Kenton Knepper and as modified thanks to ideas by Café members. They never fail. There are others, but these are tops in my book. Finally, I will mention Balducci Levitation. When it hits, it really creates a reaction!! When it doesn't, I've had some great laughs.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I do my center tear with whatever paper is lying around.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Usually I carry a deck of cards, a TT, some coins for Bill Palmers ungimmicked S&S, and a hotrod.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
IT and some chinese coins
Aaron Farrugia
STFC
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of STFC
I alway carry a copper and silver coin in my wallet for a transposition effect.
or if I have nothing on me two in the hand one in the pocket is an easy one to pull off with little time.
carrying a tt is crucial forp those moments
Stay Happy and everything will be all right.
Jack Norris
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
In my wallet I'll have my 3 card monte and 4 Stickman (from Richard Sanders DVDs)
In my pockets, definately there is some loose change which I'll use to perform usually 3/4 Across or Impromptu Copper & Silver (both from On The Spot Greg Wilson)
And last but not least, I'll never leave home without my U3F....
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
I have:

a bic pen
a sharpie
a pack of bikes in a card guard
coin(s)-(usually a couple of quarters and a chinese coin)

... and depending on my mood I sometimes carry along the Linking Lifesavers trick and a bent coin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16..19..22..25..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL