The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
osmar
View Profile
New user
Burke, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of osmar
I always carry a deck of cards, and the bite off quarter......
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
2 Rubber bands - then borrow a finger ring...and I'm set. (Garcia rubber band routine.)

You can almost always get a BIC ballpoint somewhere and do the classic Recapped by Greg Wilson.
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
`Of course, PK time is the ultimate impromptu MIRACLE.
Talarspeed
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Talarspeed
Hundy 500 and rubber bands. When my Outlaw arrives, I'll probably start carrying this too.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
The one trick I am never without is the KH tattooed on my inner forearm. So if I have full deck available, I can do a great card reveal. Best tattoo I ever invested in. Now if I could psychologically force that card with NO deck at all I'd be set for life.
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
Lately I carry around a couple of rubber bands, t***** boss, 4 half dollars,a pk m***** ,a couple of dollar bills and a card deck. This pretty much enables me to set up an impromptu routine if I have to without being locked into one style of magic.
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Dr. North, I'll bet that nobody who knows you ever picks the King of Hearts again after the first time. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I carry a deck of cards, 1 extra card, 7 halfs, 1 centavo, 3 quaters, 1 half card, 1 sharpie, 1 pair of sissors(hey, you never know), a 3 foot rope, a 8 inch rope, D'lites, tt, and my spider pen.
Rob Pond
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
A deck of cards, a few rubber bands, a half dollar, and Two Dollar Window.

Regards, Steve
Cameron89
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Cameron89
~some rubber bands around my wrist
~A ring
~Buisness cards
~Maybe a couple coins(I usually borrow them though)
~My arm(lol) for Dis-Jointed, if you don't have this get it, its amazing.
~Folding coin
~My keys(key deposit)
~some random paperclip or safety pin

Cameron
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
I suppose I'll weigh in on this long-lived post . . .

* I try to have at least one BCS deck on me (and a second in my briefcase or backpack if I'm carrying one of them: if one gets unstacked, someone's always wanting to "look at the cards", giving me excuse to get out the other deck "while they look at those ones"). I do a couple of effects out of the box, then do some standard-issue location or another that allows the deck to be shuffled. It draws the heat off the fact that I had a deck ready to go . . . people don't think about sequence, and they don't think about changes in M.O., so "And he let me shuffle the deck as much as I wanted!" gets remembered. (Three minutes in the bathroom and I'm set again anyway . . . ) My current favourite locations are "Sweetest Sound" and "Hitman", for female and male spectators, respectively.

* People always like to see coin vanishes (especially kids, who are much more bold than adults about "Show us a trick!", but I like to use their quarters. I try to have a Sac dollar on me for changes, and another quarter or two for multiplication, though.

* I'm in love with my marked Royal ESP symbols. Although, off-the-cuff, I use them mostly for locations and card-calling, rather than "real" mentalism.

Cheers!
Keith
"It is February, and time to take ink and weep.
One must always write of February while weeping."
-Boris Pasternak

"That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world." -H.P. Lovecraft
the kid houdini
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of the kid houdini
Cards and a bent coin to perform a quarter bend.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I always carry the "Quantum Bender 2.0" and a few rubber bands.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Quote:
On 2006-05-20 19:27, airship wrote:
Dr. North, I'll bet that nobody who knows you ever picks the King of Hearts again after the first time. Smile

Thank God for forces!!
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
I alwayz carry the spider pen
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Loops and coin in bottle,
Magically Yours,
Ste
KillerQ
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KillerQ
Hey all,

I don't really carry stuff at all times, but I am armed with tricks that use stuff I always find around me. I find myself performing the Gregory Wilson Pen Cap routine a lot -- I love it how every movement has a purpose, nothing extra.... It's almost perfect...

Thanks

Matt!
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I absolutely never, EVER leave home without my blue D'Lites, a regular TT and some kind of paddle trick, (usually a Hot Rod). In a zipper pocket in my wallet, I have a mis-made bill for switches, which always also goes with me.

I have a little nylon case that snaps onto my belt and that has a zipper close on it that I got at Wal-Mart for less than $4. I take that with me more often than not. That has a couple different Hot Rods in it, Las Vegas Dice, some rubber bands, flash string, a dime and penny trick, (with bang ring), a flipper coin, a silk or two, Jay Sankey's Holy Moly, and a single chain link, a double link and a triple link of chain.
Doodad
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Doodad
I carry most of my kid magic in my car. I also have a walk around pouch with a couple of gaffed decks, a couple of hot rods and a few other tricks. (quarters thru brass, etc) In my wallet I keep B'wave and my business cards are always in my 2 sided wallet for my "Oh, I ran out of cards...wait,*snap* here they are!" gag.

Doodad
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Johnson Flipper/shell combo
3 normal half dollars
Stealth Pen (Pen through dollar)
Deck of plain cards

*Oddly enough, the pen through dollar is usually what steals the show.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL