The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12..15..18..21..24..28~29~30 [Next]
amadrigal
View Profile
New user
Bolingbrook IL
79 Posts

Profile of amadrigal
Pickpocketing is the best impromtu for me as well as watch stealing and BOBO's Bluff vanish
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
swiftshifter
View Profile
New user
Philippines
94 Posts

Profile of swiftshifter
A marker, a deck of cards and three duplicates. that's enough for a decent T&R, Card to wherever, and transpositions.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2113 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Time machine
'eclipse' TT
Hummingbird reel
Rinkey-Dinkey
DeKram deck, plus 2 'anywhere' cards
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
TT, coins, rubberbands, a deck of cards!!!
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Personnaly, I always carry a deck of cards, some spare change, and very often I will have a silk taht I use for "card thru silk".
Ryan Birch
View Profile
Regular user
North Wales
142 Posts

Profile of Ryan Birch
Cards
switch wallet
british 10p & us quarter (coin change)
strings
wax
tt
rope and metal rings
2 identical tins with a silk in one for a switch trick
wand (if I perform for kids (big family))

thats it.... I think Smile

raz
"NO Ryan! I do NOT want to see another one of your silly magic tricks!" - my mum
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2004-07-16 08:53, funemagic wrote:
I carry a roll of duct tape. You can do anything with duct tape.

Such as?
Cheers
TJ
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
380 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I never leave home without a deck of cards, sponge balls, and enough quarters to perform winged silver.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Well,

I'm just starting to get confident enough with a deck of cards to start performing to absolute strangers, I refuse to without getting a good 6 months in of constant handling and rehearsal. Anyway I've started investing in Cigarettes (I don't and will never smoke).

Most of my friends and acquaintenances smoke so I've been practicing some great palms and vanishes with those. Enough to drive them nuts. Other than that. I carry around a pocketful of various change and my "boa" in my jacket for those metal manipulation effects. Other than that. Nothing at the moment. At least until I practice A LOT more. I carry most of these so I can entertain myself and practice at a moments notice when I'm alone.
ToPher
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere
120 Posts

Profile of ToPher
Cards
marker
coins an [
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
I just bought Andrew Mayne's "GHOST MONEY"? so I'm anxious to see it. The effect is 3 penetrations with borrowed bills. You can always do a matrix with coins and dollars. So many options. Meir Yedid has a nice finger routine, etc...

-Joel
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Normally...

* Regular Bicycle deck (Set for Breakthrough Card system)
* Ring for Pinnacle and Ring Thing
* Rubber bands for Pinnacle and CMH
* Couple of coins with [
* Real Man's Wallet
* TT (Set for Visi-Bill)
Croak..Croak.. Smile
mariomagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mariomagic
Since I just about always carry a deck of cards, a deck of cards.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
A deck of cards with an odd back, and a dupe. Also, rubberbands on my wrist at all times.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
ALWAYS have a folding coin in that small pocket in my jeans. If I have space for anything else, then a TT and a deck of bikes (normal).

BTW, the reason I keep the coin in that small pocket is not just for convenience. In absent-mindedness, I have SPENT so many trick coins and this has proved a very costly mistake! I learned to keep these in a separate pocket as a result!

There's now a few people wandering about with a hinged quarter (or UK pound coin), as well as quite a few Coin Uniques (VERY expensive mistake!!)
Gary B
Dali
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Dali
Man, there's some amazing advice here.

Thanks for the ideas!

I've been prone to carrying around a few coins and a TT, but I'm starting to pack my bikes as well. Had the opportunity to do a few card effects at a dinner party last night, and had to do it with borrowed cards.

I suppose the advantage to using a borrowed deck is that people can't suspect you of using gaffed cards, but sometimes the quality of the deck will "force" you to choose your effects wisely...

Thanks again, great post!

dali
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Loops.. they're great, strong, elastic, invisible and you can do the most amazing stuff with them... heard that some people go on for days with them on
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1233 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
A set of coins, and a pair of dice for Sac's Dice. If I can, I bring a deck of cards. Rmax
rosfrog
View Profile
New user
From UK, living in France
60 Posts

Profile of rosfrog
I always have a loop on my wrist, hopping halves, a 10 p and 50p f**der and a misled gimmick. I stopped carrying cards around because I found it doesn't look impromptu. With the above, I can run six excellent strong routines that leave people truly perplexed - let's also remember that your greatest magical tool is how you present your stuff - if you work it just right, Misled gets screams from people as the pencil visibly melts through the note. (As a shameless self promoter, I have pencils made with my number and name on to give to the person who lent me the note)

Whilst I love cards, I save them for my routined shows. At impromtu events, I've often had people at dinner parties etc. remark on the fact that it was refreshing to see someone do magic with something other than cards...

Jay
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of ashah
In my wallet:
- The 4 aces for Twisting the Aces and Dr. Daley's Last Trick
- 2 rubber bands for CMH
- Packet of bills for Hundy 500/Slow Burn
- Often, I'll also carry my PK Pen or Misled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12..15..18..21..24..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL