The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28~29~30 [Next]
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Hundred dollar bill switch, Endless chain, Ghost deal packet trick.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Let's see....

In truth, I usually only work out of -Gasp_ a wallet.

In said wallet is really not much. Usually a coin, which I can use with other borrowed items to get a "sense-where-the-coin-is" type effect. Also, where people usually put pictures, I have a small memo pad that I have cut down to size to use for predictions. This let's me do any centre tear effect, write predictions for psychological forces, and various other things. the only other thing in there is two safety pins for a link/unlink thing.
Ray_Mago
View Profile
New user
Rio Rancho
82 Posts

Profile of Ray_Mago
Quote:
On 2007-12-05 17:02, Montethrower wrote:
Let's see....

In truth, I usually only work out of -Gasp_ a wallet.

In said wallet is really not much. Usually a coin, which I can use with other borrowed items to get a "sense-where-the-coin-is" type effect. Also, where people usually put pictures, I have a small memo pad that I have cut down to size to use for predictions. This let's me do any centre tear effect, write predictions for psychological forces, and various other things. the only other thing in there is two safety pins for a link/unlink thing.

no money? lol
Have you Amazed?
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
For me, it seems I get the best reactions if I can either (1) use a gimmick they never see or know exists, or (2) use whatever normal items are at hand. I am always looking for a way to make rubber bands, coins, napkins etc. look like they belong. Haven't figured out how to do that with a sponge ball, however.
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of D Walker
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 14:12, ku7uk3 wrote:
I only take a ring, and do ring tricks.

Heres a demo of my routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY0eZfB43D8

I find that taking cards around with you makes you look geeky, almost begging for someone to ask you to show them a trick, and gets poor reactions - meaning magic with impromptu normal props always gets a better responce.

Stephen Ablett

Very impressive.
nexile
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of nexile
My hands!!! oh...and anything that I can palm
"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
I usually always carry some coins and dice to practice with when I'm "killing time". For that matter, I usually carry a deck to play with also.
But, when asked to do impromptu, because they heard or know I do magic, I usually borrow a few quarters and do a few coin tricks and then use napkins, cig's, or other stuff available there.
After that, if they want more, I'll bring out cards, dice, Endless Chain, 3 Shells or whatever I'm carrying that I'm playing / practicing with and have with me.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
I always carry a bill change (from an old burnt bill to a new one) in my wallet and usually Slam by Travis McPherson and Perfect PENetration
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
710 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I usually carry a deck of cards with me and an invisible deck, a tt. That's it and of course the knowledge I have retrieved from "Lifesavers" & "The Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic". I don't remember if it was mentioned, but if I am called on to perform on an impromptu situation, I will do one trick.

Charlie
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
710 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I usually carry a deck of cards with me and an invisible deck, a tt. That's it and of course the knowledge I have retrieved from "Lifesavers" & "The Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic". I don't remember if it was mentioned, but if I am called on to perform on an impromptu situation, I will do one trick.

Charlie
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
Nothing beats a TT. You can do amazing things with borrowed items.
CraftyOne
View Profile
New user
Peterborough, ON
13 Posts

Profile of CraftyOne
I always carry a deck of cards, a hot rod and my altoids tin ready to do card on ceiling.

CraftyOne
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
About 6 months ago I was with my parents in a small Café/bar where they live and I did the floating bill for them. My parents were blown away. My mother being proud of her "magician son" insisted I do the trick several more times that evening for her friends. I admit that I broke the "cardinal rule" and repeated the bill float several times that evening (my mother can be VERY insistant) but the reactions just seemed to get better and better. Each time I did the trick I tried to alter the technique a bit to make things different but everyone was still amazed that I could do this. I didn't want to repeat the trick as much as I did but it was all I had with me at the time and like I said, my mother can be VERY insistant.

Now every time I visit my parents someone almost always wants me to do a trick for them. 6 months ago I was a "one trick pony", not any more. I go prepared. I have my trusty assassin's pouch loaded with a TT, silk, sponge balls, hot rod, a pen thru effect, etc. I just got Extreme Burn a few days ago and I'll definitely be "paying the bill" using that. LOL

You never know when you are going to be asked to do a trick so now I try to be prepared...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
When I go out, I am wearing two loops, and am carrying a deck of cards in one pocket, with a gimmicked deck in the other. I also have a PK pen with me.
Like Star Wars? Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift"
http://www.mattsconce.com/the-gift/

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I always carry pinnacle a deck of cards and a TT.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
My pocket inventory complete changed over the past two or so years. I used to carry a ton of stuff (cards, sponge balls, TT, etc...[funny thing is, I would only perform with the cards and everything else collected "dust" <-- read pocket lint]) but now I just carry my Johnson Expanded Eisenhower Dollar Shell and 4 matching coins, a Johnson expanded Quarter shell with a few matching coins for that as well (for those "apparently impromptu" situations), and that's about it. Occasionally I'll take my TT, but not always. I've become coin crazy.

-Vinny
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I carry something different every day so none of my props feel left out:). I always have 2 dice, Hideout wallet with KK and Pocket Space, and a few quarters for 3/4 across or Sankey's Mr Clean coins across.
Magical John!
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Magical John!
I always have a few things on me. Everytime I go to the dining hall I swipe an extra fork so if I encounter a situation during my meal I can do a fork bend. I always have rubber bands on my wrists for chris kenner's missing link and CMH. I have a ribbon or shoelace in my pocket for ring and ribbon, and I have a deck of cards, a marker, and a prepared joker for Jay Sankey's "graffiti." Another new addition is one that I can't remember the name of, but it's out of scripting magic. The premise is a short patter on the history of counterfieting, meanwhile a borrowed bill is folded over a blank slip of paper. After the patter concludes, the packet is unfolded to reveal that the slip of paper has become a dollar bill. I love it because by the time they realize it's a magic trick the moves are done with. I rarely do all of what I described here at once. I try to follow the rule of three and out or just one.
Rockabilly
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria, BC,
158 Posts

Profile of Rockabilly
I always carry a TT and 4 sponges, carry that and you're ready to go. Most of the time there's a pack of bikes in one of my pockets, and if I'm going somewhere that may lead to a booking (and lots of places do)I'll carry the Omni Deck Gimmick.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
jake.o
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of jake.o
A deck of cards, I will also do coin tricks with borowed coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL