The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
Tanay
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of Tanay
2 decks of cards, 3 silver coins and a copper coin or two.

Then I'm set for a coin set, followed by my favourite card routine Smile
Tanay
Dazz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Dazz
If I'm just doing day to day stuff I carry my split £2 coin and my jumbo £2 coin. These are ALWAYS with me, and fit nicely in my wallet. The reaction I get at the end of my 1 coin routine, when that jumbo appears, totally floors people because it seems impromptu to them. The jumbo fits nicely in my wallet and surprisingly doesn't hinder my day to day wallety needs at all. I have tag-o-magic on my car keys.

If I'm going to a party or something though, ill take my packet trick wallet which is loaded with:
Colour monte (aces instead of the printed cards)
Its done with mirrors
Extreme burn
Safety Hole (hole in credit card)
Dream Paddle
Photoshop (most recent addition) have it loaded with a £2 coin photo ready to lead on to one coin routine.

that's pretty an entire show in my pocket, taking up hardly any space.
Dazz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Dazz
I swear every time I walk into a thread everyone else leaves.
darylrogers
View Profile
Regular user
Wisconsin
127 Posts

Profile of darylrogers
Ha! I'll make sure you're not last. Besides, it looks like this one keeps getting resurrected.

I'm not to the point of carrying stuff around with me yet, and I don't seem to go anywhere but to work and back home! But I do keep a deck of cards, a fifty-cent piece, a 12" silk and some rubber bands in my drawer at work to mess around with when I'm on break or lunch.
runt_jorden
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of runt_jorden
ID and a regular deck.
blastercast
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of blastercast
I always carry John Bannon's Bullet Party in my wallet and a card loaded behind my phone for a little trick I came up with
Usually a few balloons for "pressure" and at least one deck if I get moments to prepare
Hope my Answer helped Smile
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Bill Abbott's "Power Ball 60" and John Bannon's "Royal Scam"
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 11:48, vpatanio wrote:
My pocket inventory complete changed over the past two or so years. I used to carry a ton of stuff (cards, sponge balls, TT, etc...[funny thing is, I would only perform with the cards and everything else collected "dust" <-- read pocket lint]) but now I just carry my Johnson Expanded Eisenhower Dollar Shell and 4 matching coins, a Johnson expanded Quarter shell with a few matching coins for that as well (for those "apparently impromptu" situations), and that's about it. Occasionally I'll take my TT, but not always. I've become coin crazy.

-Vinny

Yet another evolution over the last few years...

My current daily inventory is mainly a deck of cards +/- a few coins...sometimes I'll carry nothin'.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
"Exact Change" by Greg Wilson is fantastic and plays totally "impromptu." Besides a deck of cards and an easy money gaff, this has become the only gimmick I carry around with me on a daily basis.
SilentG180
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
27 Posts

Profile of SilentG180
Normally I carry just a deck of cards, but try to have something set up with them, occasionally carry a TT

Oh and always a sharpie marker
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
488 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hi guys,

normally I carry a few things with me:
- Mandolin-Cards with one or two cards for Twilight Angels and a Sharpie
- my everyday wallet is prepared for Card to wallet.
- In the same wallet is my InnerCircle Card carrying a set of Loops
- and there are also two or three coins in it. Usually a normal, a flipper and a cigarette through...coin.

Since 4 weeks I'm also carrying UltraGum and / or Sticky with me.

Cheers

P.S. I'd like to carry a TT with me but I don't know where to put it without having the fear of losing it Smile
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1095 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 01:53, Nikki78 wrote:

P.S. I'd like to carry a TT with me but I don't know where to put it without having the fear of losing it Smile

In the UK, a lot of jeans have a little pocket at the front that sits inside the main pocket. Perfect place for a TT. It fits snug & I only have to put my hand in the main pocket to engage it.
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
488 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 06:34, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 01:53, Nikki78 wrote:

In the UK, a lot of jeans have a little pocket at the front that sits inside the main pocket. Perfect place for a TT. It fits snug & I only have to put my hand in the main pocket to engage it.

Never thought of it... Thanks for this really good advice.
I always wondered what this small pocket is good for.
NOW I know it: it's for my TT!

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6658 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, this thread is really old! Smile Back in 2004, I might have had every pocket, and available space used for something. Then, a FANNY PACK full of stuff! Most of it got ho-hum reactions. Today is different.

Up here in Maine, magic is not very widely received. Where it IS, one has to be careful of YouTube, since everyone has a cell phone. So...I have learned the hard way. Google is NOT your friend most of the time.

So, I carry my Lubor's lens, and my Amazing Jumping Arrow hotrod in my wallet. That's it. I do have an Ike coin in my pocket, but that rarely comes out any more. I am careful now in approaching people. This town is very "unfriendly" when it comes to strangers making conversation. Ya learn to keep to yourself up here, unless ya want a confrontation! Ha! Smile

The few times I DO find myself in the performing mode, I am carrying everything I need. I no longer do the stuff you see on YouTube or stuff the Masked ******-****** has exposed. It's time for a change... Smile

Doug
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I'm a relative newbie, but I always carry a few blank business cards, a pencil and of course a swami. That way I can do some mind reading at a momeents notice.

Although not strictly magic, I also do a memory feat (remember 30 odd objects or so) or get the person to select a date and tell them what day that date is. Always gets a reaction.
I love post its Smile
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Kolintrol. Don't have to carry anything.
mentalist.kin
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mentalist.kin
A Pen thru Anything
TT Somethimes
Loops on my Wrist
Pk Ring Anytime
Business Cards Smile
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Deck of cards, can do 1,0000000000000's of tricks with them Smile
MyLastGamble
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of MyLastGamble
Usually just a deck of cards and my wedding band. I can always use other props(I.e. a few napkins or coins or whatever)
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
I like to carry Greg Wilson's Pointless. I usually do a coin vanish with the pen as a wand and then go into the pointless routine. It's quick and ends clean.
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL