The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
So I just read through this 13 year thread and even though its died down a little, I figured I'd keep it going for 2017. I used to work table hopping at bars and comedy clubs but my day job has made me become more of a hobbyist as of late. I do still love to have everyday carry items for the one off seemingly impromptu miracle however, I rarely have a reason to carry cards on me anymore. I still use the Stealth Assassin v1.1 as my everyday wallet.

in Stealth Assassin
Pocket Space Plus
Carnazzo's Dreamweaver
Powerball 60
Phil Goldstein's Racer's Edge (used to carry Kioku which is very similar but I've really enjoyed this one lately. It seems more like something you'd pick up at a dog track and still have in your wallet)
Torn 2 Pieces - Picture of me and my girl and one of my dogs
Daniel Garcia's Greed
Rick Lax's To Do Voodoo
John Cesta's Ultimate Positive Negative (I show the prediction then perform Maoeda by E.E. before leading into this)
I also use Cesta's same set up for a Free Will prediction
Lots of business cards for use with SUC on my SAW
I also keep 2 semi-original heavily inspired effects in my wallet - 1st is a 400 word vocabulary test with zero fishing or info needed and another is an ESP testing card I created with a 3 phase routine based on other effects

In my pockets I carry
Joshua Jay's Inferno
Garcia's paddle move Chapstick from his Penguin Lecture
book of matches for Bro Gilbert's Water Trap
Bent Penny and pocket change
and sometimes Einhorn's Nest of Wallets

In my phone case I carry
A prepared business card for Wayne Houchin's T&R
and a bill for Joshua Jay's Cornered
Greg Rostami's iForce gets a lot of use too

Wow typing it out it seems like a lot but it's just always there and ready I don't even notice it
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I love your list! Thanks....now I need to check out that Kioku replacement, sounds great.
Thanks for sharing.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2017, 252life wrote:
I love your list! Thanks....now I need to check out that Kioku replacement, sounds great.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I believe Racer's Edge is in his Purple book of mentalism from the Prism series. I go to the Daytona dog track a lot so I used their logo's and images to create "daily winner cards" They really look like something the track may provide to help bettors research past winners during the week before you place your bets. I use iForce for an initial prediction for the # of races won before hitting them with the mind reading of their thought of dog.
You should check it out, its fun to do!
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Have you checked out Myke Phillips I Unlock Your Mind app?
I historically hate any kind of phone mentalism...but.
That one is different imo.

I think you'd also like Bobby Mottas Blackmail.
Packs small, etc etc.
Also been doing KK, and B'wave a bunch lately.
My main go to though is, and I suspect may always be, a handful of index cards for a CT.

But if you want to go really stream lined; Atlas Brookings has amazing material out.
Most of his stuff requires "work be done", but you walk away with stuff you can literally do naked.
And, that's how I usually perform, so perfect!

Ok, coffee is calling me Smile

252Jolt
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Thanks man! I may try to find room to squeeze in Blackmail. It's a great little utility. I haven't looked into Atlas Brookings much but I will now!!
~Teller
dedsek
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of dedsek
Most days I carry a normal deck of cards with Monkey in the Middle and 2 duplicate cards in it. Also, a sharpie.

If I feel that I'm going to be performing, I clip on Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier Deluxe. In there, is the following

My business card with To-do voodoo on the back of it
Normal deck of cards with duplicates and monkey in the middle
Omni deck
D/b for card to wallet (but to my pro carrier)
Color monte
B'wave
Triad Coins by Joshua Jay
JJ's Coin Coalition
5 and 1 transpo
2 red, 2 purple, 2 green rubber bands. (Rainbow Rubber Bands by Joe Rindfleisch)
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't have to put anything in my pockets except my keys and wallet. In my wallet, I have a few rubber bands, a monopoly bill to change a borrowed bill into a "hundred", a couple copper/silver coins, four regular quarters and a shell.

On my cell phone I have a couple mentalism items.

In my car I have a small belt case that holds a couple decks of cards, a few gimmicked cards, a Sanada gimmick, and a couple sponges.

kj
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Currently I have a little card tin with the following inside:

Deck of cards (including 1 sp*tt*d); gaffed box
Some bits of paper with reveals, predictions and cribs for card tricks and Kolintrol
Bingo Card number prediction
B'wave

There's room for a little more in there, so I'll be adding to it whenever.

If I was going somewhere knowing I was going to do magic, I'd stick in my pocket a couple of spongeballs and maybe a paddle prop.
Forty Six & 2
View Profile
Regular user
Three cheers and some toasts for my
107 Posts

Profile of Forty Six & 2
What I carry with me varied somewhat and depends on the circumstances, but the things I NEVER leave home without are:

1) Infinity Wallet loaded with full Kolossal Killer set-up
2) St**ked Deck
3) Normal Deck
4) Stack of billets and a pen
5) ESPerfect packet trick

Not to mention the selection of pr******ive a*a**ams and eq****que routines that reside inside my mind Smile
Ask, knock and seek
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
I always have a deck of playing or poker-sized tarot cards and a pen or marker- ready for impromptu demos and readings. If I have the pocket space, a pendulum, too.

~Dave
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
What I *always* carry on me :

Hwallet loaded with Extreme Burn, cards for SansMinds Prospect and some billets (for mentalism routines) both of these are in the himber compartment of the Hwallet, and finally Out to Lunch.
Pack of cards (loaded with ZENith)
Quantum Bender
Magma (the impression device) along with the gimmicked sharpie
Coins (half dollar, english penny, N3 and N4 coin sets) along with my himber coin purse
My finger ring
RFR

And in the near future :

Geneva Prediction Watch (when I have it back)
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
L**ps
Deck of cards with envylope
Smoke by alan rorrison
Coin unique
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
I have really enjoyed reading through this post, I always carry my wallet with me, inside I keep a memory wire (8 of diamonds) rolled up, and one blank card with the words 'True loves card is the 5 of spades' for use with my own effect, 'True loves test' which was published in an issue Vanish magazine. I also have a few apps on my phone and a little bit of propless mentalism stored in my head.
Woodini
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Woodini
I always stick in my shirt pocket a couple cards for Card Warp, and a comedy single-card with the entire deck on the back. Three cards - light and easy. Always plays well, and they get to keep the card warp and a business card.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
I'm beginning to work on "Cool Cash" for those moments... I usually do a bill switch with a borrowed bill and Eddie Fechter's quarter routine. At the 2016 Atlanta Harvest of Magic one of the lecturers was talking about how he can do 30 minutes with stuff he carries in his wallet. Kind of like that idea...

Gary
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
After reading all of these I feel back for police, EMS, and the fire department. because when A magician dies and they have to check the belongings it gets weird can you imagine the inventory report. I work security at a hospital and some of the bodys that come in we find some weird stuff on them thankfully no magician or clowns yet.

I stopped doing magic for a while but I'm kind of getting back into it and some items that I would like to always carry with me would be.
Sticky situation
Ring escape
Ignition
More to come trying to find my new style
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On May 14, 2017, impulse wrote:

I stopped doing magic for a while but I'm kind of getting back into it and some items that I would like to always carry with me would be.
Sticky situation
Ring escape
Ignition
More to come trying to find my new style

Style... excellent point Impulse! Whatever effects you carry should go with your style of performing. I've seen a lot of effects that have entertained or fooled me, but don't go with my performing style or personality.

Gary
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
It took a while to get through all 13 years of this thread but I was amused to see what has changed and what has not changed over the years.

I have carried the same thing for 30 years - a small leather coin purse with a hopping half, a Scotch & Soda, and a couple of other coin effects. There have been many times that I have carried more but those coins are always with me.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
bogie
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bogie
I never leave the house without...

Scotty York color changing knives
Scotch and Soda
Mental photography deck
Rubber bands for Crazy mans handcuffs.

Now I love hanging out at Barne and Noble, ours has a Starbucks and I hang out at a local slot car track, when I go there I usually take a few others.

I have put together a deck of gimmicks I take if I am going to be sitting with coffee, that include card through bill, card through card, holed up (chris Mayhew), there is enough regular cards left to do a bit of an AMBITIOUS CARD routine and card on ceiling. If I am gonna be sitting I will have the cards just laying there and just casually perform some or all. It is simply amazing how "NONCHALANT" doing a melt routine with a borrowed bill when you just reach over and grab the top card of a face up deck that was sitting there when someone came to your table! lol
johnsanders
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of johnsanders
Always: Richard Sanders "Extreme Burn 2.0" (no relation) for impressive flip back to original. NLHWI! Wedding Ring for Ring thing. Poker chip or half for Bobo routine.
Sometimes: Aronson ordered deck. Garrett Thomas "Stand up Monte". Or John Bannon's "Bullet Party"
Big pockets days: "Jamie Schoolcraft CM3 Silver Dollars. Th*mb t*p. Nested Wallets. Deck Shell with extra deck.
John Sanders ---*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL