The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
With all the movie threads I thought I'd throw this one in the mix.

Are there any movies that were so strange you left scratching your head?

Two I can think of are: Meet the Feebles and The Triplets of Bellville

Very odd movies indeed.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Not sure what you mean by scratching your head but some favorite "Strange" movies are:

Desperate Living
Pink Flamingo's
Mondo Trasho
Female Trouble
Hell Comes To Frogtown

Just a few of my personal favorites.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Ichi The Killer. I love Miike Takashi, this one's strange even by his standards. In a cool way.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I wrote a book on this very subject. It's called Incredibly Strange Films. Check it out. I wrote it over fifteen years ago, so it's a bit dated. It doesn't have some the truly weird stuff that is coming out of Japan these days (like Miike Takashi's films--Helen, check out Gozu). If you thought Triplets of Belleville was weird, X, you ain't seen nothin'!

Jim
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Somehow, The "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" should find a place in this thread.

The best nes are the ones they show on the program, (No longer on the air) Mystery science Theatre 3000.

That show cracks me up!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Both are definate adds there daffy 'specially MST3K...

Jim where can one find your book? I'd love to read it as books like that interest me.

Take Care,
Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ginger Snaps
Orgasmo (but I um....wouldn't know anything about that one)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey, Jordini, is that the one with the special gun?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Yeah, it sure is.
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Look for anything directed by David Lynch. His movies include:Mullholand Drive,Lost Highways,and one of my favorites Erasherhead. He also has some movies that make sense but are still plenty strange like Wild at Heart,Dune, and another one of my favorites Blue Velvet.

I also really liked Brazil directed by Terry Gilliam.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Of course... How could I forget. All the monty python movies....maybe not The Life of Brian. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as GOOD as the others.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Um, almost forgot Santa Claus Vs. the Martians
rden
View Profile
New user
Sugar Land, Texas
75 Posts

Profile of rden
I remember seeing Eraserhead in the balcony of a 1930s-era theater that had been converted to a small theater itself. When the movie was over and I stood up to leave, my legs were wobbly from the bizarre trip I had just taken (without the aid of any chemicals). A strange film indeed.
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
I think its called The Illionest.Dr. Billy McComb, played by himself,brakes into the library of the Magic Castle to steal the secrets of the universe.After that it stops making sence.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Here's my list. Strange and weird are interchangeable here:

FREAKS (1939)
The Vampire movie (with N.Cage) Very weird
The Groove Tube (70's)
Eating Raoul
Food of the Gods
Baxter (french movie)
Brazil
Logan's Run
And there's another one--I don't know the name, I think it's a British film about these people in the future trapped in a dilapedated apartment building.

Ellen
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Bad Taste. For those that know it well my favourite line is (from memory) "Aren't I lucky... I got a chunky bit" (yuk!)
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
"Dude, Where's My Car?"... I wondered why I spent the money for the ticket and how anyone reading the script said, "Yep, this is original! We have to make this one!"
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Quote:
Bad Taste. For those that know it well my favourite line is (from memory) "Aren't I lucky... I got a chunky bit" (yuk!)

Very cool film, made all the stranger due to what the crazed director/actor ("It's Derrick! And he's gone ape ****!") went on to do after having put this mad masterpiece together on zero budget with a couple of mates (the credit list at the end is hillarious, as the same three names cycle round for the reams of credits for each job).

For anyone who doesn't know who that director was and what he went on to do, I shan't spoil the fun for you of finding out.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Did he not also direct Meet the Feebles mentioned in the first post. Weird!

Don't know if it's movie urban legend but apparently it took about 4 years to film Bad Taste.
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
Yeah Bad Taste is definitely one of the weirder films I have seen..you gotta love when Derrick ties his head together with a belt or when Ozzie plays soccer with the alien guy's head, "The old magic is still there!"

LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange movies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL