The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSI by Wenzi Magic & Bond Lee (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This does look really good!!!!

Let's take your Rubik's Cube magic to the next level!

PSI is a revolutionary gimmick which is perfect for mentalists. During a multi-phased routine, the magician can accurately predict the outcomes in a mind blogging manner.

This prop requires no assistant and it is self-contained. The gimmicked cube functions like a normal cube, so you can use it for other routines as well. An extra ungimmicked cube is also supplied for your performance.

Contents:

- Gimmicked cube x 1 (rechargeable)
- Normal cube x 1
- Mind-reading device x 1

PSI works with various stacks and sleights, so you can add this gimmick into your existing routines and make them even more powerful!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63586

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wow, this is so expensive...
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
Wow, this is so expensive...

My first reaction as well. I mean for about this price I can get RD, RD360 and Cube to Chocolate. Right up there with Rubicon in pricing. Another cube that's too pricey for me.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I wonder how you receive the info for a randomly mixed face? Phone app?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Interesting....but expensive as others have said. I am not sure that a mentalism show should be built around a Rubiks cube.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Looks interesting but I wish they were a bit more clear about what exactly is possible with this. Seems analogous to Insight by Hugo Shelley but in Rubik's Cube form.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, pegasus wrote:
I wonder how you receive the info for a randomly mixed face? Phone app?

Yes, I was wondering same
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Ad is terrible. It’s not even clear what you can do with it. The demo was only moderately better
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Plus as someone who has been working with other cube gimmicks on the market - these cubes look HUGE and FAKE. Will have to wait til it arrives to make a better judgement, stay tuned
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
It looks interesting. But I don’t like the look of the cubes
It looks chunky and awkward
It may prove me wrong but initial thoughts is a pass for me
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
Plus as someone who has been working with other cube gimmicks on the market - these cubes look HUGE and FAKE. Will have to wait til it arrives to make a better judgement, stay tuned

Millions of fake cubes out there so wouldn’t necessarily stand out. In fact, please explain the definition of a fake cube nowadays?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It appears to come with a receiver of some sort. I suppose you can hide it in a notepad. Might be able to work a routine in conjunction with the mini md. Although, it would be great if Craig could come up with something similar but in a smaller acale.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Quote:

I agree, and thought the same thing. This cube doesn't look standard at all and looks off. For the price, I'd expect it to look like the normal cubes. As it is, you wouldn't want to have multiple routines.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
I think they would have a lot more sales if they said what it did. From that trailer I have no idea.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
I don’t think 395 is a big price if the cube is electronic and show to the performer exact colors of the top side (from the trailer I think this should be the effect).
For example almost all electronic dice have similar price. But the die have only 6 possible outs. Rubik cube have milions... so this can be interesting addition for some close up or parlor mentalism show.

About the trailer. I also hate such advertising without clear demonstration, but in such an open websites and social media, everybody can see it, so I think if they demonstrate everything, this will kill the effect (and all similar effects) very soon.

Unfortunately I am afraid that very soon there will be people in the audience which will scream “this is electronic die” or “this is electronic cube” etc. We should keep our secrets more carefully.
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:

I'm looking forward to watching your review!
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Wow, what a fake bulky cube
Mjolnir
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mjolnir
Review from my local magic shop:
You know which side of the <b>unmixed</b> cube is on top.
For the effect with the mixed cube you need to memorize how the cube looks after certain twists.

So I guess the middle color of the cube is the indicator for which color is on top. Then with certain twists you have a cube were each side has a different color in the middle square. Now if you memorize six different cube layouts and know which color the middle square is, you can read their minds...
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Mjolnir wrote:
Review from my local magic shop:
You know which side of the <b>unmixed</b> cube is on top.
For the effect with the mixed cube you need to memorize how the cube looks after certain twists.

So I guess the middle color of the cube is the indicator for which color is on top. Then with certain twists you have a cube were each side has a different color in the middle square. Now if you memorize six different cube layouts and know which color the middle square is, you can read their minds...

This description doesn't make sense for me, if we are receiving an electronic product.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
If true, that sounds horrible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSI by Wenzi Magic & Bond Lee (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL