The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Sword Reward T-287 (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Total bummer Sword Reward couldn't be made examinable. It had the potential to be in the same all star league as Dragon Altar & Crystal Cleaver imo. All of which beg to be attempted by the intrigued audience.
Belanos
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Belanos
I agree. Another issue is that the floor of the box looks noticeably different after the trick.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1018 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
When I seen the demo the first time it was so obvious how it was done so I did not buy it. Glad I didn't if the floor looks noticeably different after the trick too. What a shame.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
51 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
I agree. It is so obvious, and indeed no effort has been done to perfect it, i.e. the floor indeed looks different before and after. Also, the second routine, does not work half of the time. Such a simple idea, such a potentially strong effect, such as waste...I wanted it to be more
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2991 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like it, and so far nobody ever notices the floor looks different.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1140 Posts

Profile of TomasB
I totally agree that this is an item they could and should have been made examinable. Here's a video I made with a couple of ideas: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YzdCkPUdWVkA1sP69

Also, there are some really cool ideas for Sword Reward among the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4sqeW-oqnA_26VQFtSZrBw

/Tomas
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks for sharing that Tomas, some nice handling tips and I like how you verbally set up the premise of the penetration. The video link with the mini card sword idea is great. Am going to give that a try 😊
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Any chance you're the Chaplin fan Mr Wizard?
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
I love this Trick.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Great Idea Thomas, I like your idea of putting the sword up from the bottom, this way you can take off the lid and show the inside better of the box. I have even flashed the lid with out a problem.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I played with and tried out a variation on the card sword idea shared in the video above. Took a small piece of paper and ripped into 6 pieces in front of my spectator and wrote six names, including their name on one piece. For the photo the spectator is my name "John".

Placed the slips in the box with the sword...

Do the move and show that somehow I was able in impale the slip with their name!

I obviously knew in advance I would be doing this for a certain individual and did the necessary pre-work. Played well!

Foe the traditional presentation am using a colored "Chinese" coin I believe made by Royal magic. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8240

Shows up well against the black plastic.

Cheers,

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Johnmeister. There's a wild, wild rumour afoot that one time, in a very small village far, far away, you performed a magic illusion & just followed the enclosed written instructions. Needless to say, I pummeled the perp & threatened legal action against this slanderous talk.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL! Good to know you have my back! :0
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, TomasB wrote:
I totally agree that this is an item they could and should have been made examinable.
Here's a video I made with a couple of ideas: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YzdCkPUdWVkA1sP69

Unfortunately I had no sound while watching the video, can you explain what the advantage is if the sword comes from below ?
I had seen the mini-card video before and think it's great - as well as the variant of John Talbot with the different names ...
Some people complain about the different colours in the trick, is it not possible to remove this issue with a thin foil ?
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1140 Posts

Profile of TomasB
J M, the name slips version is excellent!

Magic Dust, when you remove the lid to more clearly show the end result to the spectator, you are not forced to remove the sword at the same time (which destroys the end result). It can immediately be handed to the spectator in this condition since the lid is off. Check out J M's third photo for the nice display that is possible when the sword is inserted from below.

/Tomas
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, TomasB wrote:
Magic Dust, when you remove the lid to more clearly show the end result to the spectator, you are not forced to remove the sword at the same time (which destroys the end result). It can immediately be handed to the spectator in this condition since the lid is off. Check out J M's third photo for the nice display that is possible when the sword is inserted from below /Tomas

Great, thanks for the clear answer, now I understand, I totally agree with this better handling
dbox
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of dbox
This thread has really turned this trick from one that I was initially quite disappointed with to one that may be much stronger. Quite frankly I was so disappointed I toyed with the idea of selling it. I really like JM's idea with the names..I might have to "borrow" that one Smile
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
When I first got a glimpse of the six new Tenyo tricks for 2019, this was immediately one of my two favorites. It appeared to be versatile and this thread proves that to be true.

Sometimes you must give a new Tenyo a chance. Borrowing the ideas of others is one way to do that. 😉
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I really like Sword Reward. As a matter of fact, I liked most of the 2019 lineup with the exception of Screen Clean (not really into cell phone tricks).
I'm excited to see what Tenyo has in store for 2020.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Sword Reward T-287 (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL