The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New paul prater effect (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Paul Prater has a new effect (Captured) for sale on Gemini Artifacts. Will someone provide a review once purchased? It looks really good, like his other works.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
I have not performed this yet but I did pick it up at ECSS. First off the pictures are wonderful, eerie and aged perfectly . . . not too much but just enough so that they look like they were stored for years (decades) in an old attic where sometime over they years they might have been exposed to a little moisture. The backings that the cards are mounted too have an old and musty feel to them. The images are great and spooky.

The method used to divine the photos are simple yet effective and surprisingly deceptive.

After reading through the instructions it is easy to see how everything works and isn't too intimidating to do, although it will take a little bit of memorization in order to properly do but it isn't a daunting task.

So for what it's worth I give the props an A+, the routine an A, the method an A and would rate this as recommended.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Hey all, I also saw Paul has a new effect/routine, called DC-Diogenes Club, which is very appealing to me, but wonder if anyone could briefly review/elaborate it here.
Paul has some great stuff, but like everything Doyle, Sherlock, Victorian, etc, so considering this.
Thanks!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, DocBenWiz wrote:
Hey all, I also saw Paul has a new effect/routine, called DC-Diogenes Club, which is very appealing to me, but wonder if anyone could briefly review/elaborate it here.
Paul has some great stuff, but like everything Doyle, Sherlock, Victorian, etc, so considering this.
Thanks!

Bill, where did you see this?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, greerj wrote:
Paul Prater has a new effect (Captured) for sale on Gemini Artifacts.

and the other one.

and there's always Paul's site...
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Hey all,

First, thanks for the interest!

For those that attended Bizarre Hauntings, this past year, I performed this for everyone there. I also have a private link to a performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjsoV8MwNc

This is a quick and dirty performance done for a few friends, obviously not in a formal situation. I have performed this hundreds of times now on my ghost tours, and the question I get over and over, is if people can look at the pictures. They are enthralled with the images, which were all taken by me at various locations around the world.

As for the DC, here is the link to my site: http://paulprater.com/thed.c..html . There is a review there from Vince Wilson, who is using this as part of his regular show.

Please feel free to sign up for my newsletter here: http://paulprater.com/ted.html

I only occasionally send out newsletters and when I do (like this past week) I had special offers (discounts) and items that I don't sell on the website only available to newsletter subscribers.

If you have more questions, please let me know.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
That fella you had "assisting" in your you tube performance was sure not the most dynamic. Otherwise, the effect is great.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I can attest to the quality of the photographs. The wrapper and the style of prints remind me very much of the type of photographs I used to see as a boy, 45-50 years ago, so they look and feel authentic.

The images themselves are fascinating and the method is intuitive. I'm particularly pleased that some of the details can be subtle, and 'hits' can thus be scored which the spectator wasn't even aware of until you draw attention to them.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
All Pauls work is quality, it's clear concise and kills to lay audiences ( magicians also as I did Fallen Angels last year at ECSSIV )
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Paul Prater wrote:
Hey all,

First, thanks for the interest!

For those that attended Bizarre Hauntings, this past year, I performed this for everyone there. I also have a private link to a performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjsoV8MwNc

This is a quick and dirty performance done for a few friends, obviously not in a formal situation. I have performed this hundreds of times now on my ghost tours, and the question I get over and over, is if people can look at the pictures. They are enthralled with the images, which were all taken by me at various locations around the world.

As for the DC, here is the link to my site: http://paulprater.com/thed.c..html . There is a review there from Vince Wilson, who is using this as part of his regular show.

Please feel free to sign up for my newsletter here: http://paulprater.com/ted.html

I only occasionally send out newsletters and when I do (like this past week) I had special offers (discounts) and items that I don't sell on the website only available to newsletter subscribers.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Congratulations on the release and success of DC-Diogenes Club!...But, alas I was too late in even expressing interest and now see it is SOLD OUT!
Paul, is there a chance you will be preparing and releasing a second production? If do, could you put me on a list for that?
Thanks,...Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben")
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
It's not sold out. Here is the link: http://paulprater.com/thed.c..html
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2019, Paul Prater wrote:
It's not sold out. Here is the link: http://paulprater.com/thed.c..html

Arriving in my mailbox any day now...from the downloaded pdf it's a great effect...just my kinda piece!
Expecting the usual great quality of materials by Paul.
Smile Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Bill, please start a new thread on DC after it arrives—I am also very curious about this one, and I’m sure there are many others!

Thanks much!

Seth
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Classic Paul Prater! Nice guy and stands behind anything he produces. WITCH OF GLASTONBURY is one of his 1st and finest effects.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
So I recently received both Captured and D.C. and both are absolute quality products.

I ordered D.C. direct from Paul and Captured the Elite version through Vic over at Gemini.

To echo John's comments above Captured is a wonderful bit of kit and really allows you the freedom to craft your own routine around these eerie photos. The method used is not all that difficult but will involve some memory work. Lots of possibilities with this.

The D.C. on the other hand is mere child's play to perform which really allows you the freedom to focus all of your energy on the story. Paul outlines a basic idea of the story in the included PDF file but it's only a stepping stone in my opinion to get your creative juices flowing. All of the included props are top notch. However for the sake of of being honest the included newspaper clipping I would only show at a distance. While it's beautifully aged upon closer examination it does appear to be a scanned copy of a clipping and then aged. The font to me is a dead giveaway as is does not appear typed. Maybe just me.

I'm also currently working on a method that will allow me to reveal not only how the victim died but the member that did it 😈.

Hopefully it pans out and if it does I will gladly start a second thread downstairs to discuss it. Its still in the works however.

All in all these are both killer releases and they are deffintley worth your consideration.

-Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New paul prater effect (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL