The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Thumb Tip Bill Switch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I have been playing around with the XXL Thumb tio and bill switch. I have found that because of the larger TT you don't have to fold the bill quite so small. Just looking for ideas and or comments on using this XXl TT for the switch.

Thanks in advance and have a grerat day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Are you meaning the vernet xxl?
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Yes, the Vernet xxl
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
I’ve never used it for the bill switch. It’s too big for me. The classic is just right. Does the classic or king size fit when your hand is hanging down with nothing in the TT?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Wx4usa wrote:
I’ve never used it for the bill switch. It’s too big for me. The classic is just right. Does the classic or king size fit when your hand is hanging down with nothing in the TT?

That's why I can't use the XXL. If I let my hand drop to my side it wants to fall off. A shame because I like Richard Sanders Visi-bill. I use Four Quarters from Magick Balay
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Unless your thumb is very large, use the classic hard and fold differently. I’ve found that speed isn’t necessarily necessary...pardon the redundancy... lol. There’s a balance between showing both hands completely free during the folds and speed.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I agree that the XXl TT is to big and would easily fall off your thumb. The classic size fits me perfectly. But I am finding that if I fold the bill one less time than in the standard bill switch, the
bill takes up enough room to make the XXl fit my thumb perfectly with no danger of falling off. In fact the XXl doesn't seem to extend so long on your thumb. I always thought that folding the
bill as in the standard switch maybe looked a little awkward and unnatural.

Walking Magic Bob in Iowa
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Have you tried not using one?

For me, this provides me a cleaner and less fidgety look. Also, I find there are more options for presentation and handling.

(Your own mileage may vary!)
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I have tried not using a TT and very likely will convert to that method. I kind of like it can be done with one dollar bill. Also was maybe thinking
of hiding the extra bill in a Sanada gimmick. I have been just thinking out load to see what others are doing.

Thanks for the ideas and have a great day,

Walking Magic Bob in Iowa
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Walking Bob - I just sent you a private message.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have to say the xxl size is the only one I can use.Big Thumbs
But it does work really well for a bill switch.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
An amazingly generous contributor to the Café is, Hal McClamma. His website https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/store has what I can only imagine is an amazing bill change video (given his other eBooks and videos) Scroll down for the bill change video. And be sure to check out his limited time free offerings. They are worth there wight in GOLD.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
An amazingly generous contributor to the Café is, Hal McClamma. His website https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/store has what I can only imagine is an amazing bill change video (given his other eBooks and videos) Scroll down for the bill change video. And be sure to check out his limited time free offerings. They are worth there wight in GOLD.

Thank you for the kind words Senor Fabuloso. As you can see I am fond of the TT. I placed my hand in a table saw in '85 making Christmas gifts and suffered a fully displaced fracture of the distal radius (wrist) in 2000 and my range of motion is horrible... so my cardistry and coins has suffered immensely. I turned to the ole TT. I thought I would be a one trick pony. Well there are hundreds of nice deceptive TT tricks Smile. The TT and a few other goodies is about all I do. There is a nice beginner bill change with a few ideas to show all fingers freely.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I think we magicians sometimes make things way harder than they have to be. Why not use a Sa....a gimmick for a bill switch instead of a th. tip?
You don't have to fold as much it is much easier and faster if done correctly. But to each his own. I respect the skill required for a smooth th tip bill switch. But why make your life so hard when there is an easier, simpler and more impressive way to do it?

I respect you if you do it well and it works for you. I am just suggesting that you consider for a minute or so, what could make your effect and angles simpler???
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
There is a wonderful effect called Bare Hand Bill Production by Juan Pablo(I think), that you should check out

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I work only in the corporate market & for strolling I use a Bill Switch from Blank paper with the company Logo on it that I print
to $100, I use a classic TT as the larger tt is a bit loose,to compensate for a smooth transition so size of bill doesn't need to be large etc.. I Practiced for months until it was 4 quick folds of the paper to 4 quick folds & the money appears, super fast & always a great reaction,the speed compensates for having the bill not folded as small.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi everyone. I haven't looked into learning a non-TT method. I can't remember what size TT I have but I think I have medium sized hands and the TT is a snug but comfortable fit. It won't fall off if my hand is down by my side. I do have a handling that was inspired after seeing Simon Coronel perform. But I have no idea how he does it and I don't think he uses a TT! Outside of that I think my simple presentation is original (I haven't heard any other magician use those lines). I did find out later that my handling looks (although I can't be certain it's the same) a lot like Richard Sanders' Visi-Bill but I did develop my handling before I saw Richard Sanders' version.

One more thing! I know there are routines out there where the TT should not be seen and where a color match is not that important. I'm not trying to suggest people not use proper TT technique. But for this version at least, and for the purposes of full disclosure, I'm using a TT that I have painted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9hjTXefNw
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2020, Kanawati wrote:
Hi everyone. I haven't looked into learning a non-TT method. I can't remember what size TT I have but I think I have medium sized hands and the TT is a snug but comfortable fit. It won't fall off if my hand is down by my side. I do have a handling that was inspired after seeing Simon Coronel perform. But I have no idea how he does it and I don't think he uses a TT! Outside of that I think my simple presentation is original (I haven't heard any other magician use those lines). I did find out later that my handling looks (although I can't be certain it's the same) a lot like Richard Sanders' Visi-Bill but I did develop my handling before I saw Richard Sanders' version.

One more thing! I know there are routines out there where the TT should not be seen and where a color match is not that important. I'm not trying to suggest people not use proper TT technique. But for this version at least, and for the purposes of full disclosure, I'm using a TT that I have painted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9hjTXefNw

Simon Coronel's looks a lot like Jon Lovick's which is tipless.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Check out the sanada bill switch by Jay Scott Berry on his Penguin live lecture. it really rocks. so simple with a little practice.
but if you like it the hard way, keep doing it with the thumb t.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Thumb Tip Bill Switch (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL