The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am sure this will be deleted, and me probably banned but... (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OK I know it is not smart to start offering opinions about hot button topics in our society today. I KNOW it is against the rules here and I try to avoid them at all costs and generally do a pretty good job. I know this is going to get 1/2 the people I know angry but I just can not keep quiet any longer on the matter. You just reach a point where enough is enough and you have to speak out no matter what the cost to you personally or professionally. So here it is I am just going to come out and say it. Repercussions be darned!

The Flintstones is derivative of the Honeymooners.

Discuss.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
I am so glad I wasn't the only one that thought that Dannydoyle!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
You're coming to this realization just now, Danny?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No. It has been a long time thorn in my side I just HAD to day something.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Catharsis.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9884 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
LOL! Bored in Mexico?

Hope it made you feel better. But I must say Barney Rubble was no Ed Norton.

Bang Zoom! or Yabba-Dabba-Doo?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1822 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
How did the dinosaur/dog sneak in there?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Speaking of old shows, I just saw Stan & Ollie last night which captured Laurel and Hardy's final stage tour through Great Britain at the end of their careers. Very enjoyable. Who knew John C Reilly was such a good actor!?!?
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Did you see what Apollo 11 found on the moon? It was Alice Kramden...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, arthur stead wrote:
How did the dinosaur/dog sneak in there?

And how come it stopped talking?
The waterbuffalo hats was a grab. Then Ed Norton (Yogi Bear) got his own show. Smile

Did Phil Silvers or Art Carney object to the Hanna-Barbera cartoons? They sure kept Daws Butler busy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.

Is that true? Because I was making a joke.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.

Is that true? Because I was making a joke.

According to Wikipedia, it is.

And Wikipedia, as we all know, is never wrong.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, critter wrote:
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant.

Well played.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, critter wrote:
I'm glad someone finally addressed the elephant in the room. The big wooly elephant.

The kitchen faucet.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Also a smaller version of a vacuum cleaner right?

My favorite was the Octopus dishwasher.

In the middle of this post I found the elephant vacuum cleaner and the Dishwasher and Bill's faucet. I did not remember the elephant water cooler.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan......ons.html
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Also a smaller version of a vacuum cleaner right?

My favorite was the Octopus dishwasher.

In the middle of this post I found the elephant vacuum cleaner and the Dishwasher and Bill's faucet. I did not remember the elephant water cooler.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan......ons.html

They didn't include the bird phonograph.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20291 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was about to pose we try to remember as many animal machines as possible but I cheated LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Gleason was very open about it in interviews, that he wanted to Sue Hanna Barbara for copyright infringement, but he was talked out of it.

Is that true? Because I was making a joke.

According to Wikipedia, it is.

And Wikipedia, as we all know, is never wrong.


I don't know about Wikipedia, I haven't looked it up there. This was a videotaped interview that I saw of him some years after his passing.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am sure this will be deleted, and me probably banned but... (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL