The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Color changing water ideas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
I’m sure this was discussed once, but I didn’t see anything relevant posted.

I’d like to take 3 glasses of soda water and under the cover of a napkin, change them to look like 3 sodas. Such as:
Orange soda
Coke or Root Beer
Mountain Dew

Any known, reliable methods for that that you can recommend?
It doesn’t need to taste like the soda..
It doesn’t need to be drinkable, but that would be a good plus.

Dan
htmagic
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
50 Posts

Profile of htmagic
How about starting with 3 empty glasses and a pitcher or bottle of soda water?
Pour the water in the first - orange.
Pour in the next - cola or root beer.
Pour the last and get a lime green.

And each glass has a few drops of food coloring in the bottom the audience can't see when you begin.
When they see the glass change color in front of their eyes, it'll blow their minds.
I know a good magician that does just that.
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

High-Tech Magic
http://www.high-techmagic.com/
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thank you, but this is a second phase of an effect and the glasses need to,start off filled with clear water. The covering them with the napkin allows me to do the transformation mom justmlook to see what methods others might have used prvisosly.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
You could have the required food colour dried onto a stirrer, then for each "drink" secretly put the stirrer onto the water behind the silk.

Richard
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Last century a guy named Hoffman made a reputation by producing named drinks. The general name of the item was "think a drink".
Today there's someone who features that item in his act so it's a awkward to talk about someone else's working material.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Robert Houdin featured the same routine. Inexhaustible Kettle I think he called it? That would have been mid-1800s. When he talks about it in his memoirs he's referring to it as if it were an existing trick. "The Inexhaustible Bottle" was printed in Modern Magic (1876) according to the Conjuring Archive, so it probably was something several people were doing at the time.

Quote:
I swear everything in magic has been thought of before. Who knew, even this kind of trick.

Magic has been practiced by some of the most intelligent and creative individuals in history. It's extremely difficult to come up with something truly original these days. When you take the time to read and study the older books you'll find the seeds of almost everything that's on the market today.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm hoping the OP found the sealed mirror glass and avoided trying magnetic stirring devices.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Color changing water ideas (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL