The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JENZO by Simon Craze (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
Magical Moments makes a point there. I think it really comes down to our ability not to make it a puzzle but a really enchanting piece. This is a real creativity source, I am pretty sure that when somebody gets it, he will have many ideas popping because it is such an unusual item. This opens up doors I think, and if we can get a spectator to think it was all random and that it is a great coincidence, that magic will operate.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
I bought it. Let the magic begin!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5283 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This is available at the reel magic marketplace
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I have the original wooden Jenzo release "Whispering Tiles" and I love it ...
Very well suited to weave your own story around it - very handy for daily use
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, Dr. JK wrote:
From watching the video ad, it looks like he [subtly] answers the marketing question by showing you everything it can make: all four suit signs, J, Q, K, 10H, 3 1/2, and 1998. There may be more to it that that, but it appears to be what is possible. Interested to hear from anyone who owns this what the actual possibilities are.

I own it and the above is correct as to the entire extent of the possibilities.
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
I own it the latest release and I agree that there is not mystery - as opposed to novelty - in the way it is presented in ads and taught in the instructions. As far as that goes, it's just a puzzle. It requires your own spin or patter to make it into mystery / magic.
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
From the description in the Martins’s Magic Collection link from magicmind, posted above:

“The effect involves a final reveal of a particular (forced) card. The routine includes an engaging story with the tiles showing several symbols and images before revealing a spectator’s card.”

I own it and viewed the instructional video and I don't' agree that there is any "engaging story" in the routine. IMO, the performer must create more of a story/patter/hook than is taught in the video.
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, John C wrote:
I wish I understood it better. Is it easy to get to your revelation or will you be flipping tiles around till you see what you need?
Or do you get them to what you need first then ask the spec what card number and then bring them together?
Anyone have these?

I own this. First, you are restricted to the four suits, three face cards, and the value: 10H, 3/12, 1998.
The tiles are printed (actually etched) front and back.
The instructional video teaches you how to arrange the tiles and what to look for in order to do that. The more you you play with them, the more it becomes like reading marked cards, altho not that simple.
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Magical Moments wrote:
I see the set of tiles as a means to being creative by using them in a variety of ways. With these tiles for example, you can create and tell a story around a selected playing card. Bit by bit, arrangement by arrangement, the spectator sees a visual story take place.

It’s not the usual magic trick you buy and learn to perform. It’s a clever set of doodles (artwork) which is used as a puzzle/magic prop and come together to entertain your audience in a variety of ways which you create through some creative thought.

Perhaps what is confusing to some is the uniqueness of this release. The demo gets you headed in the right direction by providing you with the basic foundation (purpose). Then, how you develop the use of the tiles is up to you.

Owning these and having seen the instructional video, I agree.
Kathon
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Kathon
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
I’m sure it isn’t just random flipping of tiles. I would kind of assume that it is a prescribed series of specific moves that allow you to tell the story, and then a final move to show the prediction, and when the forced card is then revealed, it is shown to be a match.

You are correct. Also, the instructional video teaches a simple force that does not require any sleight of hand.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, Kathon wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
I’m sure it isn’t just random flipping of tiles. I would kind of assume that it is a prescribed series of specific moves that allow you to tell the story, and then a final move to show the prediction, and when the forced card is then revealed, it is shown to be a match.

You are correct. Also, the instructional video teaches a simple force that does not require any sleight of hand.

Do you own it?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1843 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - Jenzo by Simon Craze

review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MDuwQ0jbM
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I, too, have the original "Whispering Tiles" and am very pleased to see that this has had a wide release. Great trick.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5283 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hey I have this. on the Reel Magic site for $17 shipping included inside the US
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1574 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I own this and love it. It gets great reactions and smiles. Take the time to memorize the sequence of events and the tile placement. This will help you focus on the presentation. I have had fun with this and it takes up so little space. Well packaged and the wallet it comes in matches my high caliber holster Smile.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
This is one of my favorite creations by Simon Craze. Forcing the cards for this is very simple: you gather the possible selections on the top or bottom of the deck, then cut the deck to center them. Spread the cards out so the possible force cards are spread a bit more widely. It's easy as pie to do this because they can take any one of a number of cards. You can also have the person take out two cards, or three cards, and then reveal all of them by rearranging the tiles.

If you don't like using that simple force, here's one that's so easy my cat could do it. Have the group of potential force cards on top of the deck. Ask a spectator to cut the deck anywhere (while it's in your hand) and flip the cut-off cards face up. Now turn your hand palm down and do a wide ribbon spread. Indicate the first face-down card in the spread and ask the spectator to remove it (or even two or three cards) and remember them. Now begin with the tiles. You can reveal the cards in any order with the tiles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JENZO by Simon Craze (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL