The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mexico City (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D. Yoder
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I was in Mexico City for a few days on my way to see the winter home of the monarch butterflies and saw quite a few buskers. Most were working at traffic lights. I met a juggler named Favian who did a seven ball cascade. Also saw a mime "washing windshields" with a squeegee and a bottle of torn crepe paper,and a juggler on a rolla bolla.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Just one question:
Are we going to get to see those butterfly pictures?

Good travels Doc!
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
The Zona Rosa had several magicians working in the restaurants (this was many years ago). But I never saw any buskers. It looked like a promising pitch.
D. Yoder
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
To see what I saw in the way of monarch butterflies, go to https://youtu.be/GQD4KQhhX5o

It was a holy moment for me to sit in the Cathedral of the Monarchs
D. Yoder
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
One night I had time to busk on a pedestrian street outside of my hotel in the historic district in Mexico City. After playing with several families, I looked up see a policeman named Antonio shaking his head and making a chopping motion with his hand. In my fractured Spanish I asked him if I had to quit. The answer was yes.
No problem I said. I chatted with him for a few minutes about performing on the street in Estados Unidos, being a retired school teacher, seeing the monarch butterflies, etc. It was then that he told me that even though it was against the rules, I could go ahead and perform. I was making the children happy and he would hang around until I finished so I wouldn't be bothered. Sometimes reason and common humanity prevails!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mexico City (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL