The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal - break or no break (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of liamwilson1125
After studying from many great names I prefer the center deal with no break. This suits my hand size and somehow helps me get ready better.

Any thoughts?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2360 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, liamwilson1125 wrote:

After studying from many great names I prefer the center deal with no break. This suits my hand size and somehow helps me get ready better.
Any thoughts?

WOW. You really let the cat out of the bag with this one. The no-break center deal has been very hush-hush until now. In fact, the greatest names in the magic world have kept this concept under wraps with nary a whisper to the uninformed. Even the top hustlers in gambling, men who make their living with a deck or cards, are unacquainted with this method. Now you post it on a public forum. UGH

I assume you are referring to the technique where a slight air pocket exists in the middle of the deck between the two packets upon completion of the cut. This premier technique uses a slight wrist motion of the deck hand to cause the center card above the air pocket to spring into the right hand for dealing. It also works very well for the one-handed center deal, both the face up and face down dealing versions.

If there ever were a move developed in the magic world that was subsequently coveted by gamblers, this would be the it.

Some secrets are not meant to be divulged in my opinion.Smile

...Oh, wait a minute. Are you referring to that old technique of stepping one half the deck as opposed to holding a break?

Egad!!!

Now I have inadvertently let the cat out of the bag by divulging not only that the air pocket technique exists, but that it is superbly viable and used by a very select few at the top echelon of magicdom.

***! Smile
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Despite Cag’s fun little read there, are you referring to cards being somewhat jogged (similar to Nash, Hollingworth etc)? Or something more akin to the Robinson deal (though noting technically a heel break is used?).
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, Bobbycash wrote:
Despite Cag’s fun little read there, are you referring to cards being somewhat jogged (similar to Nash, Hollingworth etc)?

Hi Bob, yes the Cooper/Nash technique is still applied. For my center deal I don't use heel break.
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, Cagliostro wrote:

I assume you are referring to the technique where a slight air pocket exists in the middle of the deck between the two packets upon completion of the cut. This premier technique uses a slight wrist motion of the deck hand to cause the center card above the air pocket to spring into the right hand for dealing. It also works very well for the one-handed center deal, both the face up and face down dealing versions.

...Oh, wait a minute. Are you referring to that old technique of stepping one half the deck as opposed to holding a break?

The air pocket sounds interesting. Any sources out there I can dig in?

I don't use the stepping technique.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
We deal cards from the centre in Omaha normally. Who gets them depends on the number of players and where the button is.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2360 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Please note that on the thread entitled, The Gambling Spot: Air crimp/crimpless crimp? the following quotes occurred regarding the air pocket crimpless/crimp.
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2017, SimonCard wrote:

...I watched Dai Vernon revelation DVDs a few weeks ago and he talked an idea that if you cut the deck and look at the card you cut to and put the packet back on top and cut again, there is high probability that you will cut at the same card.

https://youtu.be/zdXukIWGlwA

Quote:
On Aug 21, 2017, SimonCard wrote:

It's on page 138 in "Poker Protection Series" by Steve Forte, and there were no crimps on any card beforehand.

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2019, Mr. Bones wrote:

It's right there on page #138 ... there's even a picture!

However, when I wrote about the air pocket center deal in my post of Jan 30, 2019 12:34 pm above, some thought I was jesting. However, if none other than Dai Vernon and Steve Forte mention the principle, then why is the Air Pocket center deal not real or viable?

C'mon now. Let's get serious. Does anyone still doubt that the greats of the magic world have not coveted this secret center deal mythology and that it is still very hush, hush, except of course for the intelligentsia who frequent this forum?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal - break or no break (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL