The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Is The Size Of Your Typical Performance Audience? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9427 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
So many discussions are based on subjective information, so I would like to get more specific details about performances. How many people are in your typical kids/family performances? Understanding that often one size does not fit all, let's share and discuss the size of your typical performance audience - in kids birthdays, schools, or other performance areas. While some kids parties may be for only 15 people, some school audiences can be 500-600+ or more, so they should be offered separately and not always lumped together for a better understanding.

So what are your typical audience (kids and parents) sizes?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I remember a K-3 audience of about 1200! (The district bussed the kids in to the county high school auditorium, from a half dozen elementaries! They were a delightful audience! (Most elementaries (K-6) were 300 to 400)

I REMEMBER a PRIMARY in northern (rural !!!) Montana. There were seven students, a teacher, 2 mothers who had dropped in, and a school board member, who dropped in and decided to stay also!

High Schools in metropolitan areas often had as many as 2,000 students. A small high school on the Ohio River, opened the assembly with an elaborate flag ceremony, a brief Bible reading, and the Lord's Prayer. I never had a more delightful high school group!

I remember a K-12 near the Canadian border in North Dakota, with 42 students! (Senior Class was one boy and one girl.)

A Junior High in the panhandle of Oklahoma had 42 students, and, one in western Nebraska had 18. In California, I did a junior high school for 800 students, outdoors on a hill side.

When 2,000 high school kids stood up at the end, it was good for the ego! I remember two big metropolitan high schools' standing ovations for the breakawa fan routine!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2258 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
BIRTHDAY PARTIES: The majority of mine range from 8 to 15 children with, usually fewer adults than children. Occasionally, birthday parties may include the child's classmates, then teh number ranges from 15 to 25.

SCHOOLS: Most include several classes together and range from 50 to 150.

DAYCARE: May include Pre-K as well as children from 5 to 8. Range from 15 to 30, occasionally split into two groups - Pre-K and Older Children.

LIBRARIES: Range from 20 to 100-plus, and usually include grade-school children and adults.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
randysburtis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of randysburtis
BIRTHDAY PARTIES: The majority of mine range from 8 to 15 children with, usually fewer adults than children. Occasionally, birthday parties may include the child's classmates, then the number ranges from 15 to 25.

SCHOOLS: Most include several classes k-6 together and range from.

DAYCARE: May include Pre-K as well as children from 5 to 8.

LIBRARIES: Range from 20 to 100-plus, and usually include grade-school children and adults

Used michels layout as template for answer
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9427 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks guys, this was the exact type of information I was looking for.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1141 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Most bdays are 6-40 kids, most commonly 10-20 kids. Preschools 25- 75 kids but most common are 30-60 kids though I'm just guessing. I do all kinds of gigs and it varies a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What Is The Size Of Your Typical Performance Audience? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL