The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collard 2 by John Archer (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Collard 2 is a full five-minute comedy routine where you bring out a cuddly toy dog and tell the audience that it needs a name. The audience works together to create a random name (which really is a free choice). A spectator then takes a look at the dog's name tag on its collar... Amazingly, it has the freely selected name written on it!

Collard 2 offers an improved method, built in collaboration with Levent to produce a routine so strong that you'd be barking mad not to perform it.

All gimmicks included. Instructional download.

Note: Stuffed animal not supplied.

More info: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63111
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I love John Archer, definitely gonna pick this up!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
We have this on the site now and with our buy together and save option you can also pick up Education Archer and Further Education at a super low price if purchased at the same time
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/collard-2-wit......er-.html

Regards

Peter
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Are there any pictures of the actual collar with the prediction?
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
128 Posts

Profile of civins
Enjoyed watching the trailer
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Great routine and do fun to watch. That's a professional (obviously). I too, would love to see more of the prediction. But that was awesome. Well thought out.
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
"Are there any pictures of the actual collar with the prediction?"

I am interested in this as well. I have the older edition of Collard and have only performed it once or twice - it's a great routine but I was never pleased with the final product (the name on the collar).

ryan
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agreed. The price is great, but it ultimately comes down to how good (or bad) the engraved collar looks.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
3rd on the close up of the name on the collar
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I will be interested to learn what improvements have been made over the original as I thought that was perfect.

Regards
Dr Rob
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I hope they have improved the gimmick as the one I had (original version) would sometimes get stuck.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Any suggestions for the stuffed animal and links.

Barry
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, BaryBazz wrote:
Any suggestions for the stuffed animal and links.

Barry

Google or Amazon my friend.
itsupyoursleeve
View Profile
New user
Ingleton, UK
64 Posts

Profile of itsupyoursleeve
I too have the original and loved the routine, the question I would like answering is does the new version fit the old name tag by any chance?
Thanks
randysburtis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of randysburtis
Without a good visual of the tag this is a wait and see. To me the impact is a strong tag. If that is the case this will be a great effect
SAYING its improved is great BUT SEEING IT will make or break this
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, randysburtis wrote:
Without a good visual of the tag this is a wait and see. To me the impact is a strong tag. If that is the case this will be a great effect
SAYING its improved is great BUT SEEING IT will make or break this

Totally agree.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Only one person ever sees the tag.

If you're worried about how the tag looks your priorities may be in the wrong place.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, Mac_Stone wrote:

If you're worried about how the tag looks your priorities may be in the wrong place.

Please enlighten?
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
You can clearly zoom in on the tag in the demo. It pretty much appears you are writing the name onto the black tag with a gold marker. So, it is as good as your handwriting. But as Mac_Stone says, only the spectator on stage sees it. You can say embossed/engraved and the audience won't question it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, Mac_Stone wrote:

True, but only for mid to large stage shows. Smaller parlor shows such as a home party for instance and people are going to want you to hold it up so they can try to see it and many would be able to see it fairly well. For large stage shows where there is a projection screen, then everyone will expect to see it on there as well.

So that would limit it somewhat. Probably works well in a comedy club size venue or the larger stages at the Magic Castle.

So before you make these blanket statements as absolute fact you should consider that not everyone is performing in the same environment as you may be. And I don't believe it is being marketed as "works best in a certain performing environment" so people that like the effect are naturally going to be interested if it will work for them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collard 2 by John Archer (40 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL