The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » LFR: Bertini System for Amazement (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean
View Profile
Regular user
No Cal
186 Posts

Profile of Sean
Anyone read/have this book yet? I'm intrigued, but not quite enough at the moment to pull the trigger on it. I'm wondering if it is strictly advanced coin stuff or, if in his "whole new way of approaching miracles with coins," the book starts with basics and works its way to more complex moves/sleights.

So: reviews? ToC entries? Thanks in advance for any information.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
If you have a subscription to Genii, you can read coin expert Kainoa Harbottle's review in the Feb 2019 issue, p 103.

If you don't have a subscription to Genii, a digital one costs 35 clams and includes online access to the complete past archive of both Genii and MAGIC magazines. The book reviews alone make the subscription worthwhile.

https://geniimagazine.com/subscribe-now/
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
164 Posts

Profile of Tyler
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, Sean wrote:
Anyone read/have this book yet? I'm intrigued, but not quite enough at the moment to pull the trigger on it. I'm wondering if it is strictly advanced coin stuff or, if in his "whole new way of approaching miracles with coins," the book starts with basics and works its way to more complex moves/sleights.

So: reviews? ToC entries? Thanks in advance for any information.


I can't find more about this book either. Anyone have this and can share their thoughts and/or ToC?
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
I'm also interested in reviews of this book
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
You can lead a horse to water...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4642 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, Tim Cavendish wrote:
If you have a subscription to Genii, you can read coin expert Kainoa Harbottle's review in the Feb 2019 issue, p 103.

If you don't have a subscription to Genii, a digital one costs 35 clams and includes online access to the complete past archive of both Genii and MAGIC magazines. The book reviews alone make the subscription worthwhile.

https://geniimagazine.com/subscribe-now/

No matter how many times it is asked, this is the most thorough and honest review there is.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
Let me be more specific. Is there anyone who has read this, that would like to write a little about their thoughts, that is not behind a pay wall?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2391 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's an excellent book. Bertini has a set of original sleights which he uses to accomplish most of his coin magic. Those sleights are all thoroughly explained, as are the routines which use them. The book also includes a DVD, but its content is inadequate and should have had performances of the routines.
The material is quite difficult.
But the book is very good if you are interested in Bertini's style of coin magic.
Here is a link to one of his tricks on video. Look at this guy's list of videos and you will find more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM79nf1BMeE
Sean
View Profile
Regular user
No Cal
186 Posts

Profile of Sean
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Richard Kaufman wrote:
It's an excellent book. Bertini has a set of original sleights which he uses to accomplish most of his coin magic. Those sleights are all thoroughly explained, as are the routines which use them. The book also includes a DVD, but its content is inadequate and should have had performances of the routines.
The material is quite difficult.
But the book is very good if you are interested in Bertini's style of coin magic.
Here is a link to one of his tricks on video. Look at this guy's list of videos and you will find more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM79nf1BMeE


Thanks for this information. You let me know exactly what I needed to know.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
That was a kind and generous act by the editor of Genii magazine!
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Here's a full (and glowing) review by Jamy Ian Swiss:

https://www.magicana.com/news/blog/giaco......mazement
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
254 Posts

Profile of danny
A great book, but it will probably take you a while to get it looking as good as Bertini does. I firstly skimmed the book, and am now going back through it. I have stopped after the sleights section at the beginning until I can get everything as smooth as possible. There are a few videos online so that you can see how some of the tricks look when performed perfectly. The other good thing with Bertini's magic is that it is pretty much angle proof.
i recommend it though
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » LFR: Bertini System for Amazement (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL