The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Opus Book Test by Denis Marc Paret (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, MagicMax20 wrote:
It is a product that answers the creator's expectations before all, you may think it is pointless regarding your performing environment, but some others might find it super useful regarding their constraints.

I agree. It is for those who have who don't know what to do with that 500 in their pocket...

I'm sure they're out there.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Rowlands quote “I’m struggling to find a more pointless item. In the eyes of a spectator there are so many other ways of doing this at a fraction of the cost and with nothing to go wrong.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, one mans meat is another mans poison.
Some magicians want to do things another way for their own gratification and that’s their ultimate choice, not everyone’s the same otherwise we would all be married to a buxom blonde. Olly
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, rowland wrote:
I’m struggling to find a more pointless item. In the eyes of a spectator there are so many other ways of doing this at a fraction of the cost and with nothing to go wrong.

Agreed. Sooo many better, cheaper and more practical solutions. This is an absurd way to do a book test.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, Robb wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, rowland wrote:
I’m struggling to find a more pointless item. In the eyes of a spectator there are so many other ways of doing this at a fraction of the cost and with nothing to go wrong.

Agreed. Sooo many better, cheaper and more practical solutions. This is an absurd way to do a book test.

Agreed. Good tests for much cheaper. I guess this appeals to to people that don't want to do any memory work and are willing to pay 600 plus dollars to have a "fun gimmick" to play with.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey All –

This is a remarkable piece of mentalism. You receive the Pen, books, Ink refills, charger, etc.
Also, you can do MUCH more than just the first word on the selected page. The price is what
it is however, once you see it I think you will agree that Denis could have charged twice the
price for this. It’s not for everyone.. This was put out for the professional in mind. This is not
a product to use once and never use again. This is a dream for workers!!

P
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Theory 11's Zodiac is $80 and does more - How can $650 be worth it and even the comment he could have charged more is rediculous !!

Dr Rob
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, paw wrote:
Hey All –

This is a remarkable piece of mentalism. You receive the Pen, books, Ink refills, charger, etc.
Also, you can do MUCH more than just the first word on the selected page. The price is what
it is however, once you see it I think you will agree that Denis could have charged twice the
price for this. It’s not for everyone.. This was put out for the professional in mind. This is not

P

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Howling at that.
Twice the price??
Hope that was a joke.

Zodiac better and cheaper.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
Hey All –

This was put out for the professional in mind.

P

I really don’t think it was

Anything that purports to help lazy magicians not learn DL, or memorise stuff... is clearly not for someone who is a serious pro

You need the page number for this to work.... any one with the first Berg booktest will know, with some memory work, how great that test is.....
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
Hey All –

P

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Howling at that.
Twice the price??
Hope that was a joke.

Curious, doesn't Zodiac have some issues.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
Hey All –

P

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Howling at that.
Twice the price??
Hope that was a joke.

Curious, doesn't Zodiac have some issues.

Not for me as I only use the pad version.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
Hey All –

P

Are you seriously trying to tell experienced magicians on this forum that you would pay $1200 for this !!!!!!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Again, for those who remember, "Brain Echo" by Syl Reilly did pretty much the same thing, i.e., provide a crib -- in that case, printed on the label wrappers of some marker-size black crayons. The wrappers gave you the first word on every page in three provided ordinary paperbacks. Cost: about $30.

Today, you could spend an hour or two at your computer and printer, and make your own "crayon cribs" for any books for nothing. A plus: crayons don't fail. Or you could wrap the label around a Sharpie (fine for parlor, stage).

Cheers,
Jerry
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, jerdunn wrote:
Again, for those who remember, "Brain Echo" by Syl Reilly did pretty much the same thing, i.e., provide a crib -- in that case, printed on the label wrappers of some marker-size black crayons. The wrappers gave you the first word on every page in three provided ordinary paperbacks. Cost: about $30.

Today, you could spend an hour or two at your computer and printer, and make your own "crayon cribs" for any books for nothing. A plus: crayons don't fail. Or you could wrap the label around a Sharpie (fine for parlor, stage).

Cheers,
Jerry

Didn't Max Maven have something like that.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
waltrick
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of waltrick
-- Didn't Max Maven have something like that.

-- Steve [/quote]

Yes; the "Da Vinci Zone", by Max Maven. Also quite expensive, but you could make your own easily.
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
It's the size of a lightsaber!
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
If anyone is interested, I have the magic square version of this. It works wonderfully.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Opus Book Test (English) by Denis Marc Paret - DAILY DEAL! - Members Price $175.00 (that's 77% off retail)

https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/in......59201450

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mobileman
View Profile
New user
India
80 Posts

Profile of mobileman
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Opus Book Test (English) by Denis Marc Paret - DAILY DEAL! - Members Price $175.00 (that's 77% off retail)

https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/in......59201450

Smile

Seriously??
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Received the 'Opus Book Test' today (my son had ordered for me).

On my initial testing of the prop (the pen), I find this prop to be very well made and works flawlessly. Though it needs a little bit of practice getting used to the various buttons on the pen as well as their positions and once you understand the working of the pen, it is very easy to use and operate.

I highly recommend the 'OPUS'. And for the price paid it's a steal.

MY opinion. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Received the 'Opus Book Test' today (my son had ordered for me).

On my initial testing of the prop (the pen), I find this prop to be very well made and works flawlessly. Though it needs a little bit of practice getting used to the various buttons on the pen as well as their positions and once you understand the working of the pen, it is very easy to use and operate.

I highly recommend the 'OPUS'. And for the price paid it's a steal.

MY opinion. Smile

Smile

I purchased the trick at the Hocus Pocus special price as well. the pen works fine, the buttons can be worked and the pen hidden if a large newsprint pad is cradled in one arm as you push buttons and write the words on the pad while you are facing the audience.

The major weak point to the trick is losing or in some way ruining the book’s; some volunteers are very dramatic at the word revel and throw the book across the room or on the ground; no books, no trick, all you have left is a button pen with words programmed in it.

To solve the problem, I purchased three exact copies of each book on eBay for around $4.00 per copy; the books are used but in good condition; now looking at the volunteer bend back the 1000 page spine of the dictionary will not raise my blood pressure
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Opus Book Test by Denis Marc Paret (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL