The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A SHERLOCK HOLMES STORYBOOK ROUTINE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I was browsing through Amazon when I ran across a couple of hats that made me wonder if I could do a magic routine based upon them.

My initial thought was to play a Sherlock Holmes character and what does Sherlock do? He solves a mystery.

Now add to that the bowler with a light bulb for the audience volunteer and what could I do?

I could add a remote control unit to it so I would have control when the bulb illuminates and we now have the "Bowler of Truth" which can detect when someone is lying. (The old lie detector hat.)

I'm thinking that the volunteer has to select something or hide something then answer Sherlock's investigative questions with the "Bowler of Truth" going off when they are caught lying.

Perhaps having different colored gems in a strong box and guessing which gem they had. The gems were in the Tower of London and a thief stole one of them, Sherlock deduces with one using the "Bowler of Truth"? It would have to have a comedic element to it.

Do you have any suggestions what magic routine could be developed using these props? This would not be used for commercial purposes.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
I had an effect I sold last year called "Scarlet" I stopped making it as I moved on to new things but here is the description:

The game is afoot as you assume the rule of the iconic sleuth and choose a spectator to play the role of your sidekick Watson.

Together you will explore the clues to a perplexing murder that has baffled Inspector Gregson as evidenced by his priority telegram to you.

One by one you will eliminate the suspects until through your careful deduction and application of the scientific method you arrive at your conclusion.

Will you solve this murder mystery and come to the same conclusion as the original Holmes did? Will your suspect match the one arrested by Inspector Lestrade? To find out you will have Dr. Watson open the envelope that had been on display since the start of the routine and pull out the official arrest sheet.

Included is 7 portrait cards of the cast of characters and velvet pouch, aged telegram, aged arrest sheet, complete instructions and routine.

$75 includes shipping in the US, contact for international shipping quote.

I think that I may have the 7 portrait cards left but not sure if I have the telegram & arrest sheet that I used. If you are interested I can check and see and if I do I can either make up another telegram & arrest sheet or knock $25 off the price and send you the cards & routine along with a pdf to make your own telegram and arrest sheet.

You can also see some of my other effects at www.blindeyemagi.com
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002

For some unknown reason, the original image failed so here it is again. If the admins have a problem with it, please let me know.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A SHERLOCK HOLMES STORYBOOK ROUTINE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL