The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The Gambling Spot Ľ Ľ The Origin of a Table Faro Technique Richard Turner Uses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrSlaybury
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MrSlaybury
Hi everyone. I asked this question over on Reddit and the Mod suggested I ask here. So, here goes nothing Smile

Thereís something I saw Richard do in a performance video, that (when out faroing) gives the bottom card a little glide out, creating a jog of sorts. This little jog has been the perfect pal for getting a consistent weave started. I really would love to know if this technique is talked about anywhere, or maybe even published! Itís just a small little tip but is helping me so much I would at least like to credit the creator, even if itís only being credited in my head lol.

Thanks guys!

(I can name where you can see an example, but Iím not positive that would be ok to do here:)
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Peterson
"(I can name where you can see an example, but Iím not positive that would be ok to do here:)"

Why not? Isn't Richard Turner a public performer?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
15736 Posts

Profile of tommy
As I recall Ed Marlo wrote something about this in Revolutionary Card Technique.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
1000 Posts

Profile of Jerry
If you want to just improve your faro, may I suggest you give Michael Close a look?

Go here:
https://www.michaelclose.com/collections......download
MrSlaybury
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MrSlaybury
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, Peterson wrote:
"(I can name where you can see an example, but Iím not positive that would be ok to do here:)"

Why not? Isn't Richard Turner a public performer?


Thanks for the reply! Lol, this is absolutely true and thank you for saying it. In the film Dealt, at 04:30 into the film, you can see exactly what Iím talking about. This isnít where I originally saw it, but it gives a clear view of what Iím talking about Smile


Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, tommy wrote:
As I recall Ed Marlo wrote something about this in Revolutionary Card Technique.


Thanks for the reply also! I went back and re-read the faro shuffle and faro notes section, and Iím not finding any text that describes the move Iím looking for. Are you speaking about the ďlittle finger tableĒ technique?



Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, Jerry wrote:
If you want to just improve your faro, may I suggest you give Michael Close a look?

Go here:
https://www.michaelclose.com/collections......download


And again, thanks for replying Smile Is that download strictly for the in-the-hands method? If thereís one thing I can say about my card work, itís that I have a solid in-the-hands faro. I practice it obsessively. Seriously, itís an issue. I fell in love with it while trying to learn Vernash Aces, which is my favorite effectts to perform, and one of two effects that gave me the itch to learn card magic. The other was seeing an ACR performance lol.

That being said, for the last year or so Iíve been focusing on my table faro. Thatís why Iím seeking this info in my post. Thanks again!
MrSlaybury
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MrSlaybury
I thought Iíd try an upload a screenshot.

Edit: Iím not seeing the upload, so hereís a link:

https://imgur.com/a/WOsT31b
MrSlaybury
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MrSlaybury
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2019, MrSlaybury wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, Peterson wrote:
"(I can name where you can see an example, but Iím not positive that would be ok to do here:)"

Why not? Isn't Richard Turner a public performer?


Thanks for the reply! Lol, this is absolutely true and thank you for saying it. In the film Dealt, at 04:30 into the film, you can see exactly what Iím talking about. This isnít where I originally saw it, but it gives a clear view of what Iím talking about Smile Edit: I replied below with a link to a screen shot of what Iím talking about Smile


Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, tommy wrote:
As I recall Ed Marlo wrote something about this in Revolutionary Card Technique.


Thanks for the reply also! I went back and re-read the faro shuffle and faro notes section, and Iím not finding any text that describes the move Iím looking for. Are you speaking about the ďlittle finger tableĒ technique?



Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, Jerry wrote:
If you want to just improve your faro, may I suggest you give Michael Close a look?

Go here:
https://www.michaelclose.com/collections......download


And again, thanks for replying Smile Is that download strictly for the in-the-hands method? If thereís one thing I can say about my card work, itís that I have a solid in-the-hands faro. I practice it obsessively. Seriously, itís an issue. I fell in love with it while trying to learn Vernash Aces, which is my favorite effectts to perform, and one of two effects that gave me the itch to learn card magic. The other was seeing an ACR performance lol.

That being said, for the last year or so Iíve been focusing on my table faro. Thatís why Iím seeking this info in my post. Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The Gambling Spot Ľ Ľ The Origin of a Table Faro Technique Richard Turner Uses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL