The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Further on Mayo's Vampires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
I just wished to share my makeup suggestions with others who were considering vamp acts (without taking up valuble space in the other post), so here's what I sent Mayo.

~*~

You can try any makeup company you want, but I'm going to suggest Mary Kay just because it's the catalog I have on hand. (If you send me the money, I can order the items for you, because my mom is an MK consultant.)

1) Leave off the foundation and whiten your face. MK no longer makes its (white) facial highlighter, but I'm sure white greasepaint would work just as well. (My mom has a few tubes left, so I can hook you up if you want.)

2) No cheek color (it would make you look like the MC from "Cabaret").

3) Dark eye colors, in deep brown or black. MK has Storm (which appears to be black), Onyx (a dk./lt. Gray duet), Currant Craze (Dk. Brown) & Persian Spice (med. Brown). $6.50 for one color thingie or $23.50 for a compact filled with two colors and an applicator.

4) If your brows need some darkening, (if you want to make blonde brows black or make your black brows blacker) get brow liner in soft black. $9.50 for one.

5) Line your eyes. This will emphasize them and make your lashes stand out. $9.50 for a pencil in charcoal or $10.50 for liquid in black.

6) Apply mascara. Your eyelashes will suddenly appear out of no where. $8.50 for a tube of black. (Types: Endless Performance, water-resistant and will last up to 12 hours; Waterproof, resists running and smudging and Flawless, smudge-resistant only.)

7) Apply lipstick. Go with Red Salsa for the traditional bright red lips, or Antique Rose or Cherries Jubilee for a deep, well-fed look. $12 for a tube.

Email me at D_Ryelle@yahoo.com to order, and I will get the rest of the important info from there.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That sounds like a good plan. Another would be to look at some of the various types of cake clown white. Just don't do what a friend of mine did when he couldn't find any clown makeup. He used white shoe polish and black magic marker. He was in makeup for over a week!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thanks for the info. Just curious how many of you wear fangs too? I got the ones that just go on the teeth.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
ROTFL! That was funny Bill!

Dayanara, I am going to have to come up with a bit more money. I have discovered this is not going to be a cheap task! But I think it is going to be worth it so, hopefully SOON I will have the money.
Thank you again for your assistance!

You too Bill you have been right behind me through this transformation, and opening my eyes everytime I am bout to get blind sided, or if I don't see something you point it out. Thank you!

WR, I doubt I am going to need fangs if my natural canines come down like they are now, they came out a bit on the pointy side, and really high so they protrude like vampire fangs, but if I do get fangs, I am going to get the kind that basicly glue over your natrual teeth, but I doubt I am going to need them.

Just curios do you suggest any brand to stay away from, or to use? Just incase my fangs settle.
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Wouldn't all this be easier if you find a real vamp and let him bite you. No Make Up, No Fangs...
Yours,

Ivan
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
You got ones addy? If so please send it. I will hop a plane and wake him up during the day and say, " Bite me! " Smile

I guess another thing I like about "acting" as a vampire is I get to do just that, I get to Act, I get to preform Magic, I get to form a BIG illusion.
As my mother pointed out, To create the illusion of a vampire is big in itself.

Right now I am working on an actual story for my character, but I have awful grammar, and poor writing skills. I mite post it though I am not sure yet.

It is taking me through the history of how I became a vampire some big influences on me and so forth.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
A good orthadontist can create a simple fang cap for your teeth. ANy of the denture products will hold them firmly in place. I had this done years ago. Sadly I lost them and every time I think of it I get sad.

There I go.

Sad now.
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Awww! lol, Can I ask about how much that cost? I mite do that. but as of now I am already well over limits my "girlfriend" is like sick of it. Lol.

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My brother makes his own fangs. He got into prosthetic makeup about 15 years ago, made an alginate mold of his front teeth and canines, and made a special set of caps that had a narrow band that ran behind his front teeth. He could get into and out of them in a flash.

Any good dentist can do the same. If you can find a dentist who is interested in learning to do some magic to set his patients who are children at ease, sometimes you can do some trading off for prosthetics.

There were some individual tooth caps on the market that were held in place with Sea Bond. They might have worked on some people, but they didn't work on my teeth at all.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Thank you Bill! I got to go back to my dentist in a couple of days I will check with him and see if he can do it.

Woah that would be cool, " Custom fangs " lol Some people get there cars detailed some even there computer. me I am detailing my canines hehe.

Now these are like partials right?
Not perminant?

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2004-05-11 03:12, niva wrote:
Wouldn't all this be easier if you find a real vamp and let him bite you. No Make Up, No Fangs...
Here Vampire vampire...Smile
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Ok. I must offer my makeup experience here.

I have a very decent vampire kit that I have assembled using Graftobian cinematic makeup. I also purchased, I believe they are called, "scarecrow" fangs....This was all for my wife. After an hour or two of makeup, she looked amazing and quite intimidating.

I utilized a pale face base, with exaggerated shadows and so on. The great thing about graftobian or any other high-quality cinematic makeup is that it looks like you DON'T have makeup. And that is the goal.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Hmm,
I finally figure out how to use this and see what I walk into. My name is Vlad many here know me, I am a member of the Inner circle of bizarre magick, I was also involved in most of the Mystery Schools. A makeup question was asked, I have found white is too stark unless working the line at a Haunt, I prefer Blithe Spirit by Mehron (very pale blue almost white)this allows you to highlight with white.I am involved in the NYC Vampire scene (moving soon to Salem,Mass)and I have been doing Gothic Magic for a loooong time so if I can help with any other questions feel free.
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
Funny about the shoe polish and the marker, Bill.

Mayo, if you need help editing your story (for programs and the like) I will help you out. I love English...I took 7 1/2 credits of it in H.S. and I'm minoring in Creative Writing in college. Heck, I'll help anyone out that needs it!

:band: Here to help! That's ME!!! Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Valentina -- true story, I swear. BTW, he used his sister's non-smear lipstick for the red on his clown face. He was "in clown makeup" for a LOOOONG time!

Mayo -- these are non-permanent fangs.

BTW, if you have a chance to visit any good makeup counter at a theatrical supplier, they can really help you on this. Believe it or not, one of the top makeup counters in the US is at Frankel's Costume Co. in Houston. Lonnie Frankel has trained many makeup men and women over the past 30 years or so.

And if Vlad is willing to help you on your makeup, listen to him, he knows what he is doing. Just don't let him bite you!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Vlad is a bona fide expert on these matters (Vlad, this is Brad Henderson,just so you know).

As to my fangs, I had an orthodonist magic friend make mine so there was no charge, however the idea of lessons in trade for work is a strategy that will get you extrememly far in life!

Brad
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
You all seem to be having such a good time here, and I see at least one person whom I respect highly, and several others whom I'd like to know, at least, perhaps you guys could help me with some questions?

We now know how to make ourselves up into (la ultima moda) of vampire style, got the fashion essentials down.

In the other thread, you guys started to talk some vampire style tricks. I think some more of this discussion would be interesting and also,

Why the vampire? What is motiviation, and what do we wish to communicate? Is it a personal thing, a love of vampires on the performers part? Are we going to be simply scaring an audience? Or does it go deeper? Re-awaken a childhood fear? Put some doubt into their minds as we walk away, round the corner, and are never seen again with the swish-swatch of our black leather cloaks?

Perhaps it's something else? What are we offering the audience? Is it about that?

Can someone help me with the WHY, here? I wish to know, not to judge. Then perhaps I might be able to offer some help...in areas that I better comprehend.

-Stuart
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
I answered this in the "vampire style..." thread.

I intend to awaken the Aduience to a perspective they only thought was fantasy. Tempt there minds to believe more, be more creative, and Open to the world around them.

To sum it up lol

Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Vlad mentioned Blithe Spirit...and that is what I use. I am glad you did so Vlad, I forgot.

Vampires are associated with mysticism, magic, mystery, and horror. It provides an extra element to your magic.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Why the Vampire,
well for me it's a personal perspective on life, I perform in goth clubs,frequent vampire courts, and have been mentioned in Katherine Ramslands:piercing the darkness. The vampire has within itself Romance,tragedy,magic(elemental,transformational,powers of the mind),plus you get to live forever. This brings up the archetype of the outsider, one who longs to partake in the joys of humanity and can not. All of these things tie together images that all great plays and dramas contain. As far as fangs if you wish them most major cities have atleast one (as we call them) Fangsmiths, they will set you back aprox 50-150 depending on the city and style.
Great to see some of my old friends here. eventually I will figure out the icon thing to post a pic.
Vlad ^.^
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Further on Mayo's Vampires (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL