The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Have been using Flux & SS3 since both were released. Find that the venue and circumstances dictate which is used. SS3 fits comfortably, securely and well-hidden under a watch strap and has never failed. Flux is so much fun to use under their noses that my internal laughter sometimes must shake the room! Craig and Pro Mystic have excellent customer service and are amenable to assist with any challenges.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes the heads or tails I have never used with Flux because my routine of which hand existed before that development so it was always irrelevant to me Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I think that the polarity-sensing (heads/tails) function of Flux is a positively genius feature that I definitely plan to use. However, for the life of me, I can't think of any good reason for the existence of the LED function and consider it unnecessary at best and a possible limiter of performance angles at worst. If anyone out there has figured out a way to use that little red flasher to advantage, please (ahem!) enlighten me. Thanks.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I think it’s a good feature (the heads or tails) but as I don’t use a coin for the effect it’s not much point to me currently and I have never used the light function part either
Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I'm no electronics engineer, but I do know a little about modular systems design, and it occurs to me that the LED function of Flux might have provided an early means of testing the sensing circuitry before the so-called haptic feedback subsystem was fully interfaced with it. (Or perhaps I have that all backwards--it really doesn't matter.) My point is that the LED may not have been a feature of the original design but may have been added "temporarily" during the design process and then eventually simply left in place on the basis of "What the heck, it's kind of cool-looking, and somebody may eventually figure out a use for it." --I'd love to hear from Craig F. about this, if only to be informed of how wrong I am.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well once in finger palm your knuckles facing the spectator you can see the light rather than you feel or them potentially hear the vibration.
In the real world it’s impossible to hear the vibration but technically the light could be used for that purpose.
I can’t see why you would need it or want your hand in that position but it would work and some may possibly like it.
It’s an addition which doesn’t wear the battery so it can only be a plus or a non event imo Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
"And now, for something completely different . . ."

Just today it occurred to me that there is overlap not only in some of the many different Which Hand methods out there, but also with some of the accessories employed. To wit: Any 'special' coin that works with a Flux or similar device could easily be pressed into service as a substitute for a lost/misplaced prop in a non-electronic routine. In particular, if you purchased either Gerti Reborn, Silver Swindle or a trick based on a similar method and have managed to lose the essential gimmick that came with it . . . well, think of a simple way to detect a Flux-compatible coin sight-unseen behind your back without using the Flux device. If nothing occurs to you (and you own Flux and one of the other mentioned effects), feel free to PM me for suggestions. --Cheers!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
😂😂 Gaz
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Can someone help me? I get a Sixth Sense 3.0 but I lost my charging cable. Could someone tell me which one I had to buy? Many thanks!
JamJar
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of JamJar
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2021, Puzzlemaker wrote:
Can someone help me? I get a Sixth Sense 3.0 but I lost my charging cable. Could someone tell me which one I had to buy? Many thanks!

Usb to dc power cable, but check the size first
Mid 40s guy probably having a mid life crisis, so I started a blog!
Www.mentalistblogger.com
tgroenjes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of tgroenjes
Since Scan 3D has been discontinued, does anyone know if Flux works with Illuminati’s Notifier 2? Has anyone been able to get Sixth Sense 3 to work with Notifier 2? I find my SS3 is great, but it lacks Apple Watch support or external thumper support. The Notifier 2 would allow you to turn off the vibration on SS3 and use it only as a detection device. Then the Notifier 2 could be used as a thumper.
tgroenjes
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of tgroenjes
Just heard back from Illuminati, and Sixth Sense integration is possible, but (speaking for myself here) I’d say it would take some interest in the magic community for this to be developed. Show of hands, who would like to see Notifier 2 integrated with Hugo Shelley’s Sith Sense 3? I love my SS3, but it lacks two important things. No Apple Watch support, and no external thumper support. The app lets you turn off the vibration on the sensor, so you could hide it somewhere, like under a table, but then you must rely on using the App only to detect the coin and heads or tails designations. Imagine if you were also able to have a thumper tell you that information. It can also show you the outcome on a full color screen. And send the information to an Apple Watch. Plus many other features and ideas! All in a tiny little device! Notifier 2 has TONS of other integrations for things you probably already own. And if you don’t, they sell everything you need! Poker chips, dice, crayons, cards, and more! 😊
davfreeman
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of davfreeman
I would be onboard. I have both of those already. I never thought of combining the two, but that is a great idea.
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
I have SS3 but after reading these reviews I think I will get Flux as well.
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks to everyone for all of the great information on this, I've been researching these for a while and this is most helpful.
The Black Cat
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Black Cat
For what it is worth I have used ss3 since it came out. It needed a little tweak at first which Hugo helped with via email.

That said he has been hard to get hold of and moving forward I don't know if he is even still making them should ever require another one in the future. (Not that I've needed one)

I've had Flux too, but wasn't a fan of the battery type as in the UK there doesn't seem to be a solid brand of them and I found the lesser makes of the batteries to run out quick.

At least with ss3 it is rechargeable which is a huge bonus for me personally.
Zuzyak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Zuzyak
I've used both devices and I like Flux better
Dr.Brown,dc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dr.Brown,dc
My sixth sense 2 quit working. Does anyone know how to fix it, or is there a repair facility.
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
If anyone is looking to part with their 6th sense, I am looking to replace my one that broke. Pls PM me if you would be interested. Thanks
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2023, Juno-How wrote:
If anyone is looking to part with their 6th sense, I am looking to replace my one that broke. Pls PM me if you would be interested. Thanks

The forum here on the Café called "Tricks and effects for sale or trade..." is probably where you'll want to post queries such as this one. It is quite active, and you'll likely get much more attention to your requests there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL