The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
So what british coins will work with flux? I really want to buy it asap
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have the Kries Super Strong Magnetic QUARTER.

I think it's stronger than the Kries Super Strong Half Dollar.

Yes, I have both and use them with FLUX.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have a strong £2 UK coin which works great .
Also mind fx’s agnetic pebble which works and looks great .
Lastly I have a magnet in a small walnut and superglued it back together and that works great too .
I hope that helps , flux works great because of the haptic touch technology imo Gaz 🙂
marcuk
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
3 Posts

Profile of marcuk
I have both and both are great, I use it with pebble or a small baseball
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lads how's the form? Just received my sixth sense though unfortunately never received the USB cable that charges the unit - no big deal these things happen and I've just mailed Hugo. Just while I wait for his reply I thought I'd ask here what type of cable is needed? Is it a cable specific to the unit itself or a generic cable that I can buy in some electronic shop? Also if it is generic I assume buying one in the shop here and using it wouldn't in any way damage the unit? I'm terrible with technology as you can tell so thought I'd ask you guys...

Cheers lads!

Pete
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
All sorted. Hugo got back to me straight away. Can't ask for anything more than that - great service!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I ordered Flux a few days ago and hopefully I will receive it this week. I always thought the price would be to high for me for a which hand device, but all the positive words changed my mind and now I am really excited about it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Flux is great I have mine built interchangeable into a white Velcro wristband that is hidden under my shirt for the times I don’t want it in finger palm .
You won’t be disappointed it’s simple to turn off and on and works flawlessly Gaz 🙂
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Received Flux today and I am very happy with it. Bought a stronger coin then the one from Tango i’ve had before though, so that I can hopefully avoid touching the spectator‘s arm when performing.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On May 25, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Flux is great I have mine built interchangeable into a white Velcro wristband that is hidden under my shirt for the times I don’t want it in finger palm .
You won’t be disappointed it’s simple to turn off and on and works flawlessly Gaz 🙂

This sounds like a really good idea!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks dvno , I also use a great pebble from mind fx which works from distance looks authentic and I also have built a powerful magnet into a small walnut and super glued it perfectly backed together . I also have a very strong £2 coin but the pebble and walnut pick up with no touch necessary of their hand . I have had pretty much all the electronic versions and this is the most reliable I have found and it requires no additional thumper and just cuts to the chase and gets the business done very very well imho . Have fun with it my friend it’s my A) set Gaz 🙂
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Thanks Gaz!

Your self built props sound very nice! The Tango coin works fine when I am pointing to the spec's hand, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I am glad though I bough another coin that's way stronger. I already made my wife hating Flux and running away from me chasing her with a coin. Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I too, am in the process of deciding Flux or Sixth Sense v3.

I am swung to Sixth Sense v3 because the pickup can be hidden under a watch strap, leaving the hands free.
Also, Sixth Sense v3 boasts a distance of 300mm+ pick up on a Half Dollar.

It's more expensive, I know.
But hopefully, less tactile in performance.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My hands are free with Flux too see my post on this page . You don’t touch their hands to get the info , works wonderfully Gaz 🙂
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Hi "Gaz"
Sorry, I don't think I have explained myself correctly.

With "hands free" I meant with Sixth Sense the hands can be shown completely empty (eg no hidden finger shell).
Plus the distance is much greater.

Thanks for your post
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No Wulfie my hands are freely shown my flux is worn on my wrist just as you mention . Except I use it under a white Velcro wrist band that adheres to my shirt so the cuffs don’t rise so no watch or anything else needed so It’s as clean as a whistle . Plus I have the shell if in casual environments I want to use it , well just off the cuff Gaz 🙂
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Hi. Having recently acquired the Flux gimmick, which I am very pleased with, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for securing it to my finger? I have researched an adhesive called Pro-aid and want to know if this is a skin safe and effective means of attaching Flux that can easily be removed? If anyone has tried this or any other safe adhesive with Flux, please let me know your thoughts on it. Thank you.
Eric.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I stick many gimmicks to my hands with literally super glue as everything else seems to come off with moisture otherwise .
I will look into pro aid as not heard of it before .
The super glue has never done me no harm and the beauty is you can pick it off in one lump at the end of the night .
It’s not dangerous it’s been used in dentistry for years .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Thank you Gaz.
Eric.
jgcorn
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, OH
5 Posts

Profile of jgcorn
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, Waters. wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, erichoudini wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the Flux finger shell is malleable so that it will fit any finger snugly? As an owner of Silent Assistant I am concerned about fit and concealment. Thank you.
Eric.

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit.

While I can’t be absolutely sure, if the sensor is removed (obviously) and the the finger shell is placed in warm to hot water, it will likely make this more amenable to size adjustment. I haven’t done this but it should work.

Has anyone tried this?

I just bought it and am a bit concerned about the appearance of the shell on me. Its proximal phalanx is a little fat for my hand and the whole thing gaps horribly away from my finger and it flashes. I'm really going to work on that. Other suggestions I heard include trimming protruding edges with scissors and I think I'm going to try soaking the shell too.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL