The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Any effects with $1/$5 "doublefaced" bill (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
Are there any effects out there for a "double facer" bill?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I think I've seen some, but don't remember now... but do you have a source for them? Or just glue them together yourself?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
Blake Vogt has a tutorial on splitting dollar bills, like cards. There are some more creative things I am doing with it, but this seems like an obvious gaff to make.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2019, IncantoMagic wrote:
Blake Vogt has a tutorial on splitting dollar bills, like cards. There are some more creative things I am doing with it, but this seems like an obvious gaff to make.

Good but not easy.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Some effects & related w/double sided bills:

- Topsy Turvy bills: you deal the bills onto table alternately up and down; then poof, they are all up
(a give away with Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transposition)

- Ups and Downs, Bill Severn's Impromptu Magic; taught with business cards, but the ploy could be applied to bills. It is basically like the classic effect of a beer bottle in a tube and the spec tries to follow your turning things over.

- Topys Turvy Follow Me: Tarbell v7p116. Similar effect to above but doesn't use a gimmick (but you could)

- Big Bucks (commercial effect with large bills): I don't own this, but if you look at the video, you will get some ideas to use dbl-sided bills & false counts to effect some transformations

- polaroid-money Outdone appears to be a very similar effect as Big Bucks has, but with regular size money

- A Giant Mystery in Wilson's Complete Course, p141 will teach you some moves that help disguise the presence of a dbl facer

Big Bucks and polaroid-money Outdone seem the strongest effects of the above, but I gave you some card SOH that would help you create your own methods.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I think you have a good point here, Incanto. What about applying some card gimmick ideas to bills?
Bills are less suspect if the right, natural looking gimmicks are chosen. Thanks so much for making me think.
blessings.
mir11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mir11
Hi where can I find the Blake Vogt tutorial on splitting dollar bills?
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
Blake Vogt has a tutorial on splitting dollar bills

So does this guy ...
chosen1
View Profile
Regular user
lots of places
123 Posts

Profile of chosen1
Adam Wilbur has a really pretty wild card routine done with bills on his Unleashed Videos for Reel Magic Magazine that you might find interesting.

Best,
Brandon
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
There is no need to split bills, imho. Just use the right glue, and two bills can appear as one double faced bill.
if you change your mind or repertoire in the future, you can just separate them, clean them and spend them.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Scotty York DVD Volume 1 has a great multi bill effect with a good story called Fast Eddie Smith which uses some double faced bills which are just glued together.
Here is a link describing the tricks on volume 1.

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=213863
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Any effects with $1/$5 "doublefaced" bill (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL