The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Testimonies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I came back to this site after getting a call from Russo
(Ralph) May God continue to bless your gifts (including using magic)that you share with others.

I’m wondering if you ever share your Testimonies without
props. This could be in Church or other places. ( I play Gospel Harmonica
while shopping which sometimes leads to God talk and sharing miny monies.

Love, prayer & joy.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Joeni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Joeni
This is a very important topic. I found it quite helpful to write down my testimony in max. 250 words. Office software allows you to do the counting for you. Why this number? 250 words is the amount an average person speaks in about two and a half minutes, and for short talks to random persons it is good, not to talk any longer than three minutes. They often need to go somewhere else after that time. I found it helpful to be sure to have my testimony in my memory so that I can share the whole in that time. I mostly do it without props, but maybe this will change with a bit of more practice.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for sharing.
I have a mini monie about 2 to 3 minutes as well as
a 20ish minute one.

My only props have been musical
a harmonica, guitar or ukulele.

They (the instruments) are also most used at my church either in
Praise & Worship Team or devotions.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
I’m wondering if you ever share your Testimonies without
props.

Harris

YES!
More so than with "props".
To wit, when I was teaching college chemistry, after finishing my last lecture of the semester, I transitioned to my personal testimony with some "call backs" to topics earlier in the semester, or even with a series of questions: "have you ever seen someone get angry?". Everyone raises their hand. Then, "when you saw someone get angry, did they ever use the name of God?, or "Jesus?". Then, "when you saw someone get angry, did they ever use the name of Mohammad?, or Budha?, or..? "Why did they use the name of Jesus, but not those others?"

There were times when I just made a more nuanced transition to my testimony (as part of telling them that there was something more important to me than "chemistry").

When performing at street fairs (with my church), I would hold up a super sized $100 bill (about 1.5 feet in width). This was solely to get their attention (and it did); saying "well, what's in your wallet?" as they walked by). They would come over, and I would do a simple trick with it, with a loosely related scripture (Mt 6:19ff) - they probably paid more attention to the effect than the scripture. At this point I would be "off script", and just see if they were interested in talking more, or if they might like to see another trick. At this time my intent was to put the "props" away, as soon as possible, yet, if we weren't to that point and they were mainly interested in seeing another trick, I may offer to show another trick, with a Biblical/Gospel message. Still, the intent was to move towards just a discussion of spiritual matters.

I think one should first know how to share their testimony (and the Gospel itself), and have done so, without "props", without "magic". My opinion is.. how can someone relate to you and the Gospel if you are hiding behind your props? It is by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony that Satan will be defeated (Rev 12:11).
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Testimonies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL