The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Oil and Water - Eric Chien (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of canaday
Oil and Water - Eric Chien
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63730

The Hype:
FISM winner Eric Chien's beautiful take on the Oil and Water plot.

A group of black cards and a group of red cards turn into a mixed group of alternating black and red cards.

A mixed group of red and black cards separates into two separate colors, one card at a time!

My Take:
I have always loved oil and water. I even released my own Brainwaved Oil and Water a few years back. I absolutely love Anthony Owens take. Looks like real magic.

Now along come Eric Chien with his take. As a FISM winner, I think it is only fair to expect more from him than some others. And, on this, he delivers. Watch the trailer. Pure magic and you don't see a thing.

Unlike some of the other o&w releases, his requires no special or gaffed cards. These are black and red cards right out a pack of regular cards. But since he is not using gaffs, you can expect to see some real sleights happening. He teaches his double deal and you can expect come culls (although they are easier with a small packet).

Eric goes through each move step by step. The video is exceptionally well shot. Great angles, clear views. But the one thing that really sells this for me is the volunteer he uses. Eric knows that a lot of us will watch the video and wonder if it is even possible for us to do. That is why he teaches a friend with average card skills. He makes the same mistakes and shows the same weaknesses you will. And by the time the video is over, he does not do it proficiently but he has a good start that makes you think he will do fine. And, if he can, so can you.

This is one fine routine. Difficult to do but a really pretty effect. Well taught and well filmed. For the low price of ten bucks, you will get a few evenings worth of entertainment learning this. And, once (not if), you get this down pat, you have a routine that will blow people away.

Nice going, Eric.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Oil and Water - Eric Chien (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL