The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Would you like a free Scooby Snack? Click here. (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, bevbevvybev wrote:
Never received this. Am I blacklisted? Smile

Depends on the circle you run with. Smile

I've seen your pm, but not opened it just yet. You're not the only one. In addition to this effect, I'm also getting Kismet out the door as well. So to say I've been busy would be an understatement. I have a system in place for how I handle requests that only makes sense to myself. It simply means that sometimes it takes a little while. I've also been more selective than usual for a number of good reasons. All of the pdf's have to be individually and uniquely tagged using a special system I designed so that nothing or no one can find it, which is rather time-consuming. It doesn't use any known methods.
"I learned we should be kind to one another and forgive people for being flawed and prideful. The one thing I know is that we can all do better, and I think we will." - Max Maven
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2624 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Haha I was only joking. Just noticed my DM hadn't been read and rather than influence you with my mind I thought I'd post a smiley.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
You're all good. Smile

I'm just taking longer than usual, that's all. I've still got over 50 requests to deal with and am falling behind in other non-magic stuff I have to take care of as well.
"I learned we should be kind to one another and forgive people for being flawed and prideful. The one thing I know is that we can all do better, and I think we will." - Max Maven
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
63 Posts

Profile of CGould
I was legit just reading your website before I stumbled across this post! This is awesome... will send a PM if you care to share please do, if not then either way I am eyeing up Mental Die-Mensional on your site, its on my list to buy now!

Thanks
mike hopley
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of mike hopley
Another clever routine from Sudo. With his customary blend of magical knowledge, practical experience and subtle thinking he has crafted a watertight, baffling effect.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1254 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
This offering from Sudo perfectly illustrates what I love about his stuff. The content is so top-notch, and it is all structured so well that my brain starts giving me pleasant dopamine hits every couple of paragraphs! After detailing the original classic effect, he begins going into the reasons he has opted to update it; the fact that he is hitting several of the same weaknesses that I felt the original had already makes it feel authentic. And when his improvements show up, man oh man, they are like a kick in the gut!! SO simple. SO powerful. He takes a cute and effective classic trick, and turns it into a psychological miracle. And his improvements make it easier to perform, far more deceptive, and much more entertaining for the spectators. Sudo strikes again. It is freakin amazing to behold! Oh, and toward the end, he gives you some additional stuff--alternate endings and handlings, overdelivering as usual. You've GOT to get this if you haven't yet--you're in for a blast!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1662 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
If love to take a look at this! Thanks sudo!
Madison
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Unfortunately, I am one of those people who has to constantly keep his mind occupied and busy at all times or it starts eating me alive. Such is the nature of this illness. Writing for you all helps me immensely with that, so I am very grateful and appreciate every one of you who love my work. There's a symbiotic relationship to all of this in the sense that every poet (or whatever you want to label it) needs his muse.

Thank-you.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I, too, am interested in this.
BTW, I really enjoyed the thinking & concept of your Ripper's Choice which is included in Jim Magus' new book, Ancient and Modern Classics of Seance and Bizarre.
I, too, have contributed my Eastern State Penitentiary routine to Jim's book.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you Marqus. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed Rippers' Choice. I was quite honored when Jim asked if I would be willing to contribute a few pieces to his new book. I saw your Penitentiary routine in the book too. Good stuff.

Just so you know, I have been using something of yours for about a decade now. There is a lovely effect in Apocalyspe from Meir Yedid titled "Passing Through". The effect is that one die visibly passes through another and back again. I combined that with your presentation "Simon and His Date" from your book Shuddershadow Mansion, - making the appropriate adjustment of course. As I have a number of effects that use a pair of dice, that bit has served me beautifully as a comedic interlude before going into my main die routines. It never fails to get people in stitches because nobody ever sees the punchline to that story coming. It's funny as heck. I love it. That's my kind of humour. Smile
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Thank you very much Sudo for your generosity. This brought quite a smile to my face and the afternoon. A great rendition of a classic. I cannot wait to give this a go.

Regards,

Carter
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
63 Posts

Profile of CGould
Thank you very much Sudo, after purchasing myself a copy of Mental Die-Mensional this snack may just be the dessert I was looking for.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
You're more than welcome guys. In return, thanks for being my muse. Smile

I spent a few hours today clearing up what room I could in my PM box and sending out pdf's and replying to emails and questions. If anyone is looking to get a copy of this still, hit my PM box with a request and your email addy before it gets clogged up again.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Wow - Thanks for the nice comments.
Because I don't know WHO or IF ANYONE with your type of credentials has any of my unimpressive ebooks or writings, it's an honor to hear that you have Shuddershadow Mansion AND that you use an idea from it!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, Marqus wrote:
Wow - Thanks for the nice comments.
Because I don't know WHO or IF ANYONE with your type of credentials has any of my unimpressive ebooks or writings, it's an honor to hear that you have Shuddershadow Mansion AND that you use an idea from it!

I'm nobody. Just some person who lives in a world all of his own and everyone knows I'm broken behind repair. That's why so many people here play games with me that are designed to make me even crazier until I decide to do something...tragic. The Café has a history of that. Because it's fun to poke at and torture people with mental health issues and at things you don't understand. You know why this board's green? It's from all the gas from the constant gaslighting that goes on here. They can do it all they want - I don't care anymore. They'll never be able to take away what I have. On my worst day, I'll still be a thousand times the Magician that they could ever dream to be. And that's gotta really bother them, I'm sure.

But don't let that steal your happiness about this.

I hate this world so much. Let me off this planet right now. I should drop the bombshell and expose everything that's been going on and name names. Your head would spin. I really should though. I have nothing else to lose and if you're gonna go out - best do it with style, right? The level of corruption here is beyond the ability of many to even begin imagining...
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I tried to tell you all something. I tried to show you. I have done so all my life. But the sheep continue to eat their grass and see nothing. I know of no other way out of this. One day you might stop chewing the grass long enough to think "I think we missed something", but then you'll just think "No. Everything seems fine" and go back to your grass.

It must be wonderful to be so arrogant and willfully ignorant. Completely blind to the nature of reality.

I can't do this anymore.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4606 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Don't let the b*stards drag you down. You are appreciated. . . and loved. You have many supporters here (and elsewhere).

Take a break if you need it. Seek help if necessary. Don't do anything rash, or irreversible.

We all have days like this. Creative types especially so. This too will pass.

Go to your happy place and enjoy the company of a real friend (or more). Call, text, or e-mail . . . do whatever it takes to not be alone.

Take care of yourself.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
562 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Yes Sudo, try to avoid the negative stimuli...

I love your work, but work is only work... As Van Morrison sings: "It's just a job you know and it's no sweet Lorraine". See/listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3nuOjdeCfk

Hang on in. Regards, Luc.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
864 Posts

Profile of lin
Sudo,

Take a break from the Café, and do something that makes you happy. Meet a friend, go for a hike, visit a museum, attend a service.
The bad time will pass.

L.
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
63 Posts

Profile of CGould
Sudo,

I only just started chatting with you a few days ago but you're as real as they come, and your work is phenomenal. Like Lin said, take a break from all this, give yourself a rest from the crap and reset. There will always be those negative people dragging you down. Just remember the darkness isn't forever, that is the Simple Truth after all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Would you like a free Scooby Snack? Click here. (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL