The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Silver Edge by Kim Andersen (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Shhh... the secret is magnets: https://www.ellusionist.com/silver-edge.html
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
The trailer looks good, bringing something new to coin magic. I'll be waiting for reviews though.
PatBee67
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of PatBee67
Since this is also available as a download only option, can other magnetic coins be used as well or has there been a significant strength (T) improvement on these coins?
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I believe the coins provided are the ones manufactured by Kreis magic.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3852
ato
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of ato
They are Kreis coins - and I believe they have all gone to Ellusionist
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, ato wrote:

If Ellusionist werd displaying them as in stock, I'd believe you. Right now, however, out of stock.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, Doctor D wrote:
Quote:

If Ellusionist werd displaying them as in stock, I'd believe you. Right now, however, out of stock.

Penguin had them in stock two days ago. They’ve obviously sold out as well due to the release of this project.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, Doctor D wrote:
Quote:

It's true. I spoke to Mr Kengo from Kreis at Blackpool and after selling out with us, people flocked to him, Pegani's stand at Blackpool and Penguin to buy the coins.

Crazy proud of Kim for this. His magic deserves all this attention.

Be great to hear from people who have received the project or bought it from our official wholesaler at Blackpool (Pegani) ??

For those looking for the coins elsewhere ... Kreis has such a big order from us that he won't be fulfilling any individual orders until Ellusionist's order is fulfilled. Make sure you sign up on the product page to get notified by email when it's back in stock Smile

- G
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I’m a little surprised that a major Ellusionist release has not stirred more discussion here. Is it because the secret is being openly disclosed up front (thank you, Ellusionist) so pages and pages of speculation are not required? Is it because Kim Andersen is unknown (to most)? Is it because the actual content of the project is unclear?

I haven’t received the coins but I can at least clarify the contents of the download for those who are curious and/or on the fence:

3 ROUTINES
All the routines are performed standing without the use of a table. They are all fairly modular meaning you could mix and match the routines/phases into your own sequence easily.

Neon Coins: A three coin routine that starts with a very bare-handed production of three coins, followed by a clever coins across and ending with a vanish (and ditch) of the three coins to end completely clean.

The Glitch: A two-phase copper/silver routine done in the participant’s hand with some very convincing shows of there only being two coins in play.

Coin Kreisis: A four coin routine that feels similar to Garrett Thomas’ Imagination coins. One coin clearly held in the participant’s hand vanishes and reappears in yours. Next, the reverse happens, a coin vanishes from your hand and reappears back in the participant’s closed fist. Lastly, the four coins jump from your left hand to your right hand in one go.

SOCIAL MEDIA STUFF
A 38-minute collection of extra ideas which starts with some moves better suited for social media rather than live performance. Kim then goes on to cover an eye-popping 3-fly vanish and reappearance sequence, some click pass ideas, an almost self-working Himber vanish of three coins, thoughts on ways to holdout the coins on your body, audience management, extra tips on some of the specific moves in the project, and finally some routining ideas and words of caution.

Kim’s love with this gaff is clearly evident. However, this project does not feel like an exhaustive exploration of this gaff’s possible uses. There are definitely other coin plots that could have been explored or utilities of these specific gaffs that could have been explored further. For example, these coins ability to act like a coin clip for multiple coins is something I had not thought about and could be interesting used at a table.

BUT there is more than enough ideas to get your creativity going which I feel was exactly Kim’s intention.

One odd omission that should be mentioned is that while there were several live performances shot for the trailer, none of that footage is included in the project. It’s a shame because there are always things to be learned by watching actual performances (timing, angles, audience management, etc.) that is just not provided from a studio performance done directly to the camera. As this is a downloadable product, perhaps E could make this available in the future?

Overall, I’m pleased with this and I’m looking forward to getting the gaffs in hand.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with pretty much everything Scott said. I expected a more linear look given the newness of the methodology but Kim pretty much jumps right in. I think a slower start with some more basic routines/applications would have been a better start. The routines taught are ok and are more intermediate in nature. While the gaffs eliminate some moves, this is definitely not a “the gaffs eliminate sleight of hand and make the routines easy to do” kind of project. So you will definitely need to practice. Fine by me. Just wanted to make that point clear.

I generally dislike most coin magic because most involves unnatural finger positions and hand washing and ofter falls into the “spectator confusion vs magic” category. There is some of that here but the gaffs do allow for some clean/visual productions and vanishes that are worth looking into. Fun project overall but still needs more exploration
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Where is the difference between Johnny Wong's "Super Power 4" and Kim Andersen's "The Silver Edge"?

Super Power 4:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=202
castype
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of castype
I didn't realize the $39.95 version was only the download which makes more sense (seemed to good to be true). The version that includes the coins is sold out. Did anyone catch how much it was with the included coins before it went out of stock?
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2019, castype wrote:
I didn't realize the $39.95 version was only the download which makes more sense (seemed to good to be true). The version that includes the coins is sold out. Did anyone catch how much it was with the included coins before it went out of stock?

I think it was somewhere around $120 (I forget the exact price...)
castype
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of castype
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2019, castype wrote:

I think it was somewhere around $120 (I forget the exact price...)

Thanks for the info
Triple B
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Triple B
This looks really good but will wait to see some more reviews trickle in first.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Wanted to buy if anyone is selling the coins! ;-P
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, matt.magicman wrote:
Wanted to buy if anyone is selling the coins! ;-P

They'll be back in stock on E during the first week of March Smile

- G
ato
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of ato
US $119 with the coins
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Suddenly all Super Strong Coins are out of stock. So I thought of going the Australian way. Smile I just now purchased TWO coins from here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-STRONG-MA......k:2:pf:1

Paid $40 for two coins including shipping. Grab these if you can. Difficult to get a better deal.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
erichoudini
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Hi. I am wondering if the coins Ustaad referred to as the super magnetic ones suitable to perform the Silver Edge effect which are available from a seller on Ebay were U.S. Half-Dollar coins or Australian? I am wondering if they are the coins advertised on Ebay as “strong” magnetic coins and if these would be sufficiently strong to do the Sikver Edge effect. Thanks Ustaad for letting us know of this other possible source.
Eric.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Silver Edge by Kim Andersen (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL