The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dealing With It - Season 2 - John Bannon (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
516 Posts

Profile of canaday
Dealing With It - Season 3 - John Bannon
$20.00
https://bigblindmedia.com/products/deali......59979313

The Hype:
Love card tricks? Well then, you've come to the right place!

If you want incredibly powerful, simple to do card magic routines that can be performed with just a normal deck and your wits (no gimmicks, gaffs, flaps or bits of elastic) the Dealing With It Season Two has you covered! Devious construction, captivating presentation, no difficult moves - just tricks that you will be desparate to get out and perform the second you see them.

Dealing With It Season Two showcases the six brand new routines John Bannon created for his infamous Genii Magazine column in 2018. Each of these six masterpieces ably demonstrates Bannon's wily mind at work. No other magician has that uncanny knack of simplifying and streamlining tricks and somehow making them BETTER! You'll also learn the JB Double Lift - a super natural looking double lift that is easy to learn, but is destined to be your go-to sleight for ever! Jump in now and start Dealing With It!

My Take:
I'll admit it. My name is Jim and I am a Bannonaholic. I was excited to see that he was starting to write a column for Genii. And even more, to see him release a DVD of all of the routines from his first year's columns. Great DVD. And now, he has done it again. Dealing With It Season 2 teaches you step by step how to perform each of the routines from his column. And he even throws in a couple of bonuses. I have seen way too many DVD's that say there is a bonus effect and you wonder why it's a bonus. It just seems to me that it is another routine just like the others but by calling it a bonus, they are trying to make you think that you are getting something more than what you paid for. In John's case, a bonus is exactly that. The six routines from his column are taught and the one that is a bonus is something brand new. Oh yeah, he also teaches you his double lift.

Here are the routines.

Chicago Fire - Chicago Opener has long been a favorite of many of us. It was probably the first really good card trick that I ever learned. In John's version, you do not need that extra card with a different back. If you have a deck and a Post-It Note, you are all ready to go.

La Giaconda - Influenced by Roy Walton's Smiling Mule trick. This will have things familiar to all of us. It is basically a sandwich trick where you toss the deck from one hand to the other retaining the sandwich. Oh yeah, he uses the Walton gag.

On The Border - John says that he will journey into the future and predict the card that will be chosen. He removes two cards. One will specify the suit, the other the value.The spectator cuts off around half the deck and shuffles them.He deals the cards face down stopping wherever he would like. This one will fool you. His improvement on an Alex Elmsley routine.

Prophet Motive III - Spectator fairly shuffles the deck. John removes one card and puts it aside. Cards are cut into smaller packets and dealt down with each packet being shuffled before being added to the deck. The deck is cut and the matching card to the prediction is revealed.. Obviously, the is the third incarnation of the effect.

Rockstars - Aces are the rock stars of the deck and also of this effect. The four aces are shown one one at a time and cut into the deck. They instantly assemble back in the magician's hand.

Three Part Harmony -. A nice three phase routine. A four of a kind is produced from a shuffled deck. The deck is cut into four piles and each of the produced cards is added to the top of one of the piles. They reassemble in the spectator's hand and when the top card of each of the piles is turned over, they are shown to be all Aces.

Now for the bonuses!

Flipside Assembly - A very clean Ace Assembly with no gaffs. Easy to do and you'll be playing with this one right away.

The JB Double Lift - Very nice way to display the double while keeping them perfectly aligned.

Conclusion: This is another package of John's fine work. Everything is easy to do while not being self working. There are some real foolers here and the best thing? Big Blind has priced this at only $20.00. A real bargain.

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1693 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Thanks for the helpful review. One question: I'm not sure exactly what's going on when you say: "They instantly assemble back in the magician's hand." And: "They reassemble in the spectator's hand."
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
516 Posts

Profile of canaday
Sorry. This is Season 2
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
516 Posts

Profile of canaday
Roy,
Your are seen putting the Kings into the spec's hand but when they are turned over they have turned into the aces. A nice visual piece.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1693 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Thanks for the clarification.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
262 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Nice review Jim. Got my DVD in the mail a few days ago.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
516 Posts

Profile of canaday
SmittyWitty. Thanks for the kind words. I have also just finished a review on George McBrides "McMiracles With cards" which is also worth owning.
asanghi
View Profile
Loyal user
Nairobi, Kenya
269 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Btw, is between the borders FASIDU or is there a setup involved??
xaboom
View Profile
New user
Biarritz France
68 Posts

Profile of xaboom
"On the border"requires a setup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dealing With It - Season 2 - John Bannon (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL