The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Totally Hands Off by Dani DaOrtiz (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
daortiz
View Profile
New user
españa
13 Posts

Profile of daortiz
Hi John C,

This is completely new... but is a mix of three old routines. That’s was the idea.

Use the psicology force of Triple Intuition 2
Use the handling of “acaan with out touch” with two decks. In this case, is with two packets in the moment I give one packet to the spectator, making the same situation like the version with two decks.
And also, use the handling of the deck, I explained in my classic “any card any number” (Utopia), but in this case, in the spectators hands.

But the style is the same and any card any number always is the same. Can change many thing (without rich, think card, etc) but the essence is always a card in a position. Is for that this trick is familiar for you from my repertoire.

For me, the good thing of this version (I’m compararían with others version of my repertoire), is the handling of the packets for control a card, the psicology force of the card, how remove the focus of the position of the card when the spectator say for first time, how make the sensation of I don’t touch when the ritual start, and how the spectator make the trick per me. The rest you can find in other of my tricks.

Thanks!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11775 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes sir I have the accan and triple intuition from gkaps.

Great stuff. I amy have to go for this.

This comes with a deck of some sorts?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
daortiz
View Profile
New user
españa
13 Posts

Profile of daortiz
Really, the trick you can do with a ordinary deck, but I put other way for everybody can do very easy. If you know my repertoire, sure you can find many ways for do that Smile

Thanks again!
D
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7882 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Shame it’s not a download for international customers. Never mind.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1231 Posts

Profile of Jared
Wow! Dani was kind enough to send me the full performance (uncut) and the difference is like night and day! I will be ordering later when I get home tonight. Sorry Dani for misjudging this. Penguin really needs to rethink their policy about editing these promos. In this instance, it totally destroyed potential sales because it looked like a convoluted mess from the trailer.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11775 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2019, Jared wrote:
Wow! Dani was kind enough to send me the full performance (uncut) and the difference is like night and day! I will be ordering later when I get home tonight. Sorry Dani for misjudging this. Penguin really needs to rethink their policy about editing these promos. In this instance, it totally destroyed potential sales because it looked like a convoluted mess from the trailer.

I'm not so sure it looked like a convoluted mess (haha) but not like the youtube version he sent.

I just ordered.
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
I'm really floored by all of the negative comments in this thread about to much shuffling...I just don't get the negativity???

An absolutely interactive trick involving four spectators. They create the randomness and chaos. One spectator picks their own card out of a packet they've shuffled and handled. Another spectator picks a number of their choice. Their combined efforts create the miracle in their hands made by their decisions!

We all know that magic that happens in spectators hands is incredibly powerful, especially an outcome like this where THEY created an absolute miracle together while they had a few laughs and some fun doing it! An amazing recipe for great entertainment and magic for all involved!

Some of the workings that are from Dani's earlier work are extremely deceptive and I've been using them for awhile now with absolutely KILLER results!

My hat goes off to you Dani once again for creating something GREAT! Ordered and can't wait to put it into my working arsenal!!!
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1025 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Michael Berends wrote:
I'm really floored by all of the negative comments in this thread about to much shuffling...I just don't get the negativity???

An absolutely interactive trick involving four spectators. They create the randomness and chaos. One spectator picks their own card out of a packet they've shuffled and handled. Another spectator picks a number of their choice. Their combined efforts create the miracle in their hands made by their decisions!

We all know that magic that happens in spectators hands is incredibly powerful, especially an outcome like this where THEY created an absolute miracle together while they had a few laughs and some fun doing it! An amazing recipe for great entertainment and magic for all involved!

Some of the workings that are from Dani's earlier work are extremely deceptive and I've been using them for awhile now with absolutely KILLER results!

My hat goes off to you Dani once again for creating something GREAT! Ordered and can't wait to put it into my working arsenal!!!

I completely agree Michael! You'll see my glowing comments earlier in the thread. I love Dani's work!
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"The amount of thought Tim puts into every detail of his performance is something we can all learn from, and you can tell he has thousands of shows worth of experience." - Christopher Carter

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of rickreation
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, daortiz wrote:
Hi everybody!!!

Some people tell me that here (in magic caffe) some people don’t understand the trick. Maybe this is not a trick for a trailer. Is better if you can watch the full trick and with only one camera without movements, like a real spectator. The penguin trailer is great, like always, but if I add this video is much more better for you understand the trick.

This is the real situation of the trick, like a spectator see when is front of the magician.

I hope you like and now you can enjoy the “details” in this trick. Thanks very much all for your comments.

Your friend,
Dani DaOrtiz

Vídeo: https://youtu.be/f_1TUvTsgb8

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The trailer made no sense to me. This video just sold me.
loserdlj
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of loserdlj
Ok, I'm a huge Asi Wind AND a Dani DaOrtiz fan.

I loved I
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1130 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Glad to see they added the option for instant download now:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11519
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
179 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
So there is now a download only option ($15), and the all-in version has gone up to $25. I know this is a touchy area, but I am pretty sure I have what is needed to make up the deck myself. Can anybody confirm, either here or via PM, what I would need?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Acar
Thecromulent: The new "complete" version includes the whole deck itself as well. The previous "with gimmicks" version did not, it only included what you add to the deck. We wanted to include the entire deck just in case someone didn't have a matching bicycle deck.

Any magician who regularly does card magic already has what it takes to build this trick, so without a doubt you should get the download.
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
179 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Thanks for the response Acar! I'll definitely be checking it out!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
11775 Posts

Profile of John C
The download is mine, to support Dani. Haven't watched it yet.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Very nice routine and clearly explained. Magic is all about the performer not the trick.
Ramon M
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ramon M
I bought this, it is the type of stuff I like to do.
I'm fascinated by the Spanish school approach, we're not engineering a method here in isolation.
The magic, or moment, is build on and around the principles of interaction and perception.
It has elements of how a child is perceiving and creating something magical.
One can even say, don't look! (while hiding an object behind the table)
Still, because of the involvement and concentration in the moment, the method is hidden. Obscured, unimportant, hidden over time in natural gestures and expectations.

But this type of magic requires the magician to step away from the stage, and be part of the audience.
Therefor it might not suit everybody.
Magic as a happening, not as a display.
Moving away from the puzzle element, away from the 'see me do this' element, away from a 'perfect isolated method', to a shared people around the kitchen table moment.
To learn more about this one might need to cook and eat more with their friends and family.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Ramon M wrote:
But this type of magic requires the magician to step away from the stage, and be part of the audience.
Moving away from the puzzle element, away from the 'see me do this' element, away from a 'perfect isolated method', to a shared people around the kitchen table moment.
To learn more about this one might need to cook and eat more with their friends and family.

I am in the process of reading Tamariz „The Magic Rainbow“ - and I couldn‘t agree more with you! Spot on
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Ramon M wrote:
I bought this, it is the type of stuff I like to do.
I'm fascinated by the Spanish school approach, we're not engineering a method here in isolation.
The magic, or moment, is build on and around the principles of interaction and perception.
It has elements of how a child is perceiving and creating something magical.
One can even say, don't look! (while hiding an object behind the table)
Still, because of the involvement and concentration in the moment, the method is hidden. Obscured, unimportant, hidden over time in natural gestures and expectations.

I wish I could have said it like that... SPOT ON!

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Totally Hands Off by Dani DaOrtiz (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL