The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Now what was I gonna do with this? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Mike my Dad has come down with alzheimer's and from what I understand in can be hereditary. I'm not saying your going down that road but because of my own fears of losing my mind ,I'm working out my mind in many ways. Some I do in tandem with my wife, others on my own but they are all meant to stay off dementia and other forms of mental illness associated with memory lost. If you need help contact me anytime Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
132 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
I did a bit of reverse engineering and sort of recall buying the ticket. I think the stress at the time blanked it out, and I was juggling several time sensitive issues at the time. Normally I would have caught that.

Both my parents repeat themselves at time (which is normal) but do not have any memory loss I have detected. I think once I am on vacation I will recoup.
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I'm glad Mike, memory lose and the ailments associated with it, is no joke. God bless you Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
132 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2019, tommy wrote:
Speaking of memory, I know somebody who recently bumped his head and lost his memory somewhat. For example, he does not remember that some people he knew are now dead and he thinks he lives at his old house and so on. He has sort of, I think, gone back in time some years. He seems though to be getting better slowly.

I have dreams like that; where I dream dead friends are still alive, and I'm trying to coordinate a meeting during my vacation. Funny thing is each time I try to send a text or email in the dream (to the dead) something interferes with the process.
Henry Selick
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
132 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
...Today is Saturday, August 27th. It is 3:00 pm on a sunny day. I’m writing this to see how long it takes me to remember that I wrote this. I will put this in the refrigerator, and every time I open the refrigerator I will write the time on it, and whether I remembered whether the note itself was there. I will write down 1) whether I was surprised to see it 2) if I didn’t remember, what time I read it or saw it, or 3) whether I had knowledge of the last date on the note." [/quote]

This brings up an interesting point.

If you are experiencing diminished capacity how do you measure it?

How do you implement previous life choices if, from your current perspective all is fine?

Who holds the trump card, past or present/future you?
Henry Selick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Now what was I gonna do with this? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL