The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Congratulations to Shin Lim! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
361 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Shim Lim won America’s Got Talent, the Champions!
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9322 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
He did a great job, congrats.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4972 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Well deserved but a tough decision between Shin Lim and Darci Lynn. I felt sorry for Darci. When the other competitors were eliminated, they asked them for a few departing words. When they announced Shin as the winner, they just ignored her.
Where the magic begins
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
I'll pass on Shim... pun not intended
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
Congrats to Shin. Great job. He certainly has audience appeal if not magician appeal.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
141 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2019, Dave Scribner wrote:
Well deserved but a tough decision between Shin Lim and Darci Lynn. I felt sorry for Darci. When the other competitors were eliminated, they asked them for a few departing words. When they announced Shin as the winner, they just ignored her.

I felt sorry for her too but I don't think the intent was to ignore her, looks like they might have been tight on time.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4972 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
They always end the finales like that. Right up to the last minute. The judges had plenty of time to come up and congratulate Shin. They know how much time they have left and perhaps the delay time in announcing the winner could have been shortened by a few seconds. It would only have taken a couple of seconds to talk to Darci. It's water over the dam but maybe they'll make an adjustment on future finales.
Where the magic begins
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3642 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Shin Lim has impressed this Magician.

I know many of his secrets (saw his lecture). It did not diminish my impression of him. Knowing a few secrets has not made me able to do his act.

Why wouldn't Magicians be impressed.

These shows always seem to end awquardly...

-Mary Mowder
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4591 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Mary Mowder wrote:
These shows always seem to end awquardly...
-Mary Mowder

This show even more-so in my opinion. It was like it went from the selection auditions, straight to the finals (that were watered down and skimmed over I felt). I would have liked to see another elimination round (or two) instead of a 2 hour special with some weird colabs (to say the least) then a quick "Goodby to the non-winners" in chunks for the last half hour or so. Felt really weird to me.

I did give props to Shin Lim in the thread (In the Latest&Greatest forum)
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
It is never bad to see magic in the spotlight. Especially to so many viewers. I was surprised to see that 2 magicians made it to the "AGT - Champions" show and both were in top 10 (or better).

and added another variety show spotlighting 2 more magicians
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Not to get off topic of Shin Lim's victory on AGT Champions, yet along the same lines, Matthew Johnson and Justin Flom both made it thru the prelims on "The Worlds Best" variety show hosted by James Corden and judged by Drew Barrymore, RuPaul and Faith Hill plus a panel of "experts" in various entertainment forms from around the world.

Johnson doing a water chest escape and Flom with a musical storyline with cards. Johnson lost his one on one in the next round but Flom won his on on one round with a nice card effect and his life saver thru the neck with an earphone cord - so he will continue on.

As I stated in my first post - It is never really bad to see magic in the spotlight. Especially at this level.

Now there will be even more great magic in the public spotlight for a bit which is also good for us all.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Goldfield
View Profile
Loyal user
Universe
271 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
A win for magic!
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
446 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
A delayed response, but congrats to Shin! Way to represent. I enjoy my boat being lifted with the rising tide!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Congratulations to Shin Lim! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL